***Iowa vs Maryland doesn't belong in the Big 10 Conference thread***

See you in the Big Tourney, Cowin couldn't hit the ocean in Iowa City. The nice thing about this game is Joe T is seeing how far he has to go as he's getting schooled by this guy.
No he is not. We are playing zone and most of his stuff is in transition of off screens where Iowa switched. It’s not Joe T’s fault that we can’t play man defense and are forced to play zone.

Just didn’t shoot the ball well enough to win. I’m as big of a CJ fan as there is but it thought he was really bad tonight. Wieskamp disappeared for a long stretch. Honestly we were lucky we didn’t get blown out.

One of those guys has to be hitting threes. As you say, long droughts from both get Iowa in trouble.

Garza’s foul trouble limited his aggressiveness. Looked like a tired team after the war with Wisky. Gotta regroup and not let 1 loss become 2. We were never going to win B1G, but need that double bye...

Fair, but he can learn a lot in this game.
No question, it’s good for him to see how Cowan uses his speed. Cowan obviously has an outside shot which hopefully Joe T will have someday. I’m sure Cowan took some lumps his freshman year (luckily he got to play with Melo Tremble).

You know why I call bull shit on these refs? Because of all the foul calls they are calling now. Maryland cant blow on us now that the game is over. I've seen so many games like this where we get murdered the whole time, but as soon as the game is out of reach they call a bunch of touch fouls. They know what they did tonight.

The good news is few of us were expecting to win this game. Maryland is good (17-4). Iowa has taken care of business at home so far. If Iowa can steal a road win at some place like Indiana or Minnesota, it'll be a win.

You know why I call bull shit on these refs? Because of all the foul calls they are calling now. Maryland cant blow on us now that the game is over. I've seen so many games like this where we get murdered the whole time, but as soon as the game is out of reach they call a bunch of touch fouls. They know what they did tonight.
You nailed it

Surprised this hasn't been brought up before...but...Garza's never been in real early foul trouble. So it was good(?) to see how they responded without him. Which was decent.

MD is a tough program. I like the coach. Nothing to be ashamed of tonight. They're more athletic than we are....and it showed on the glass.

These games are why you just cannot lose to the Wisconsin's of the world at home.

Garza’s foul trouble limited his aggressiveness. Looked like a tired team after the war with Wisky. Gotta regroup and not let 1 loss become 2. We were never going to win B1G, but need that double bye...
We just need to rack up wins, I want to see us playing our best ball come conference time. Iowa never game up, just bad bounces of the ball, poor shooting, Mary is undefeated at home, might be all season. These 3 game weeks will take their toll.

Just need to flush it we arent goin to get many if any at all on the road anyway. Get the home wins and we will get to dance.

Latest posts