***Iowa vs Maryland doesn't belong in the Big 10 Conference thread***

A ref should lose his job for acting like that once. How can you pretend your not making a call to appease the crowd when you do that dance move to appease the crowd? He is fired up that he is about to fire up the crowd. That's some WWF officiating crap.

I wasn’t a big fan of some calls. But the better team won last night. And the better team won the 1st time we played. I hoped to win but didn’t think we would win.

I will be disappointed if we lose Sunday. When they showed Illinois’ next 5 games last night I said they are about to come back to the pack.

If you think the officials benefited one team close to the same amount of points as the margin of victory was, it's hard to know if the better team won. I'd say in this case, it was close. There were a few really bad calls that cost us 6-10 points. Were there really bad calls the other way to help even it out? Were the calls that were only kinda bad even. In my opinion, Maryland and Iowa played very equal and the refs were worth extremely close to the margin of victory.

The moral of the story is that BB officiating really really sucks, and it has really really sucked for too long. It's not an easy job, but it's a hell of a lot easier than a lot of refs make it look. There are a lot of refs out there that can do a much better job.

The moral of the story is that BB officiating really really sucks, and it has really really sucked for too long. It's not an easy job, but it's a hell of a lot easier than a lot of refs make it look. There are a lot of refs out there that can do a much better job.

It takes complete concentration the entire time. That's tough to do. Not to mention the pressure they feel. They can choke just as bad as a player. I know I couldn't do better, bit that's not going to stop me from bitching about them.

It sucks that they feel so obligated to make a quick call. It's hard to tell from the tv or the nose bleeds if there is actual contact sometimes. But you can tell a lot from the timing of the whistle. The wisconsin game was a joke how bad they could beat up Garza, and a few times they did call an obvious foul, the whistle came so late you could tell their thought process was "well I have to call that one". Most of the whistles come within a certain window that makes sense. When they come early it's really annoying because you know they just guessed. Coming late is way less annoying because they are normally the correct call, but it's a bad look when you already feel like they aren't calling anything, and then they are late on the obvious ones.

There is a lot of guessing officiating.

Latest posts