Iowa vs ISU Recruiting in Iowa

Bevins and Hill were fallback recruits for Iowa. The top recruits in Iowa never give ISU serious consideration.

Bevins and Hill were fallback recruits for Iowa. The top recruits in Iowa never give ISU serious consideration.

False....
1) Darboh- Michigan
2)Hill- ISU
3)Rogers- ISU
4)Harrington-Track Alabama
5) Carber-undecided
6)Seeley- ISU
7)Malloy- Iowa
8)Shaw-undecided
9)Rathje- undecided
10)Burnside-undecided

ISU is not beating Iowa on in state recruiting. But I have to say, if they do get more instate kids (because they have to, because they can't recruit good out of state players, whatever) maybe they will have an advantage in the rivalry game each year. If they have a roster full of guys that want to win the game, players that care about the rivalry, homegrown kids, then they could beat Iowa. Assuming that Iowa has out of state kids that have never heard of ISU. It's a problem, and I think it is the cause of Iowa's struggles with beating ISU.

This is one of the funniest things I have read this year. Thanks!

That was sarcasm right? Or was it.

Irrelevant. Not sure anything prior to 2012 makes much difference, CPR is just starting to get traction. I'm more concerned about future classes.

ISU is not beating Iowa on in state recruiting. But I have to say, if they do get more instate kids (because they have to, because they can't recruit good out of state players, whatever) maybe they will have an advantage in the rivalry game each year. If they have a roster full of guys that want to win the game, players that care about the rivalry, homegrown kids, then they could beat Iowa. Assuming that Iowa has out of state kids that have never heard of ISU. It's a problem, and I think it is the cause of Iowa's struggles with beating ISU.
you_serious_clark.png

Who really cares what school wins the battle for Iowa kids. Is Iowa suddenly some hot-bed for fb talent?

False....
1) Darboh- Michigan
2)Hill- ISU
3)Rogers- ISU
4)Harrington-Track Alabama
5) Carber-undecided
6)Seeley- ISU
7)Malloy- Iowa
8)Shaw-undecided
9)Rathje- undecided
10)Burnside-undecided

He is false, but not because of anything that happened this year. None of the players that have committed to ISU from the state of Iowa had an offer from Iowa at the time of their committment. Not a good year for instate talent.

That said, ISU has gotten their fair share of good Iowa players in the past and will probably do so again in the future.

If you have ever been involved in the recruitment process or known someone who has, then you will probably agree that Reese Morgan has over-stayed his welcome. He usually has a list of 20 Iowa hs football players he calls weekly, shows interest, says promising stuff, but when signing day comes close if you have been dwindled out don't expect him to call and let you know where you stand, and definitely don't ever expect a return phone call. That is why so many Iowa HS coaches are put off now by him.

Contrary to that is Paul Rhoads. I knew one young man that was being recruited heavily by alot of heavy hitters in college football, including Iowa. He took a complimentary in-state visit to ISU and by the end of the visit his old man was dead set that Paul Rhoads was best person and most honest person he had met in the entire recruiting process. Had he stayed in-state ISU would have won that recruiting battle.

Oh man that is just one epic post. Rhoads was soooo awesome the kid went out of state. BUT if he had a second choice, oh man, it would have been ISU. BOOK IT.

HA. I get that Rhoads is a likable guy and his players love him, but it's not like Iowa is out there starving for recruits. I also know a few kids that got recruited by both. It's all personal preference, my man.

Exactly, Iowa is one of the worst states in the country with a BCS school (let alone 2) in recruiting talent.

Starting QB
2nd best WR
TE who had most receptions
Guard
Center
Defensive end
MLB
OLB
FS
SS

all those are starters on Iowa's team that are Iowa. If Iowa has so little instate talent than why does Iowa keep signing these kids and why has Iowa been so succesful with them? That's near 1/2 the starting lineup.

Some of Iowa's best teams come with Iowa talent being their best talent.

Starting QB
2nd best WR
Guard
Center
Defensive end
MLB
OLB
FS
SS

all those are starters on Iowa's team that are Iowa. If Iowa has so little instate talent than why does Iowa keep signing these kids and why has Iowa been so succesful with them? That's near 1/2 the starting lineup.

I'm not gonna break that down, but at first glance is that 2 a year? I see a couple SRs, a couple JRs, a few sophomores....

And CJ is the TE...he won the job.

How many D1 kids come out of Iowa per year? It's not many.

Starting QB
2nd best WR
Guard
Center
Defensive end
MLB
OLB
FS
SS

And as you Clone fans love to point out, we lost to ISU, lost to Minnesota and almost got shut out by Nebraska. So maybe having that many Iowa kids isn't a good idea.

Latest posts