Iowa vs. Illinois St. Score predictions

17-13 bad guys, we have a 13-10 lead in the final 5 minutes of the game and punt from their 40 then give up a 4:30 second drive in which they convert 2 4th downs on QB scrambles.

That could very well be. They could get some garbage time scores. Either way I think about a 3 score win will happen.

That could very well be. They could get some garbage time scores. Either way I think about a 3 score win will happen.

Sorry, not with two new tackles. Historically, Iowa plays opponents more closely than probably any other team in college f-ball. That's not going to change this year, especially early on.

I really have no idea. Iowa plays close games, it's what we do and have done since about 2006. Even worse over starting around 2008.

With two new OT, you know the other team is going to blitz, blitz, blitz. So I don't see our offense doing much, especially in the first half.

They have a good RB, and a dynamic QB...two things that we just do not defense well at all.

I think if we win, it's like a 17-14 game (somehow the defense shows up)

but I don't think we win

I think we struggle to do anything on offense. We lose 28-13

28-14 bad guys. HawkeyeNation goes full on meltdown with the exception of HawkNick who will still claim we can go 12-1 and go to the CFB Playoff ala tOSU last year.

28-14 bad guys. HawkeyeNation goes full on meltdown with the exception of HawkNick who will still claim we can go 12-1 and go to the CFB Playoff ala tOSU last year.

This is pretty much at stake next Saturday. If Iowa loses it will be viewed by most as the new low point of the KF era. Iowa has lost to some bad teams, even bad MAC teams, but KF has never lost to a FCS team. Even though this is one of the best FCS teams and is probably better than ISU, NT, & Purdue; Iowa fans will be in full-on melt down mode if Iowa loses.

That being said, these teams probably match up closely in terms of talent, at least in terms of the players that will actually play and not sit on the bench. In games with even matched teams its often a good idea to look at QB and the head coach. Illinois St has the advantage in both of those spots.

Illinois St 26
Iowa 19

This is pretty much at stake next Saturday. If Iowa loses it will be viewed by most as the new low point of the KF era. Iowa has lost to some bad teams, even bad MAC teams, but KF has never lost to a FCS team. Even though this is one of the best FCS teams and is probably better than ISU, NT, & Purdue; Iowa fans will be in full-on melt down mode if Iowa loses.

That being said, these teams probably match up closely in terms of talent, at least in terms of the players that will actually play and not sit on the bench. In games with even matched teams its often a good idea to look at QB and the head coach. Illinois St has the advantage in both of those spots.

Illinois St 26
Iowa 19
I know there are some people out there that will say the salary argument is pointless, but should a coach who makes $4 million a year be out coached by an FCS coach? The answer is no, yet it will probably happen a week from Saturday.

Latest posts