Iowa vs. Illinois St. Score predictions

Well, it will be the refs fault.
Or just lack of execution. It couldn't be because everyone in the stadium and watching at home knew exactly what was going to happen before we did it. It will because "we just need to clean a few things up" or "that's football"

I got all of my mourning and moping out of my system back in February, and forgot it completely after the basketball/baseball runs. I loved Weisman, quality dude, and his YPC was what you'd expect... from a FB. Now with a pretty strong and deep RB rotation (with actual halfbacks), I'm less worried about this season.

Iowa wins, 42-10, and we see Wiegers taking garbage time snaps in the fourth quarter.

They have three returning starters on OLine. They have a pretty good QB and RB. Their ONLY returning receiver with any experience was injured and didn't play at all last year. They lost 3 of the 4 DLine. They have two pretty decent LBs. They also have an OK secondary.

That said, if we can establish our DLine (which everyone says is one of our strengths) and stuff the run, they will be forced to use untested receivers in a passing game. Since our secondary is our strength, we should be OK. If we can get our interior run game going (which could happen due to their losses from last year) we should be able to at least break even on the edge pass rush due to our inexperienced tackles. Since Kirk isn't one to run up the score, I believe it will be 24-17 Iowa.

I have a good feel for the final score just can't yet predict who's on what end of it but i'll report back w/ my prediction once we're closer to game time. Here's the score for now at least...90-0

Illinois state exploits the Oline weakness big time as bethard hits the turf 5 times.

Good defense is not enough and iowa continues to become obscure. 21-10 Illinois state.

My hawktimism won't allow me to pick IllSt. How about 3-2 good guys win.

But in all seriousness I am much more worried about ISU than IllSt. I can deal with a loss to a good team regardless of them being an FCS or FBS team. I don't think I can deal with losing to that thing they call a football team in week two.

I dont know much about Ill St except they are good and what some posters have said. But I think the hawks will establish a run game which controls the game and I think the hawk defense can contain and control.

I am going 28-20 Iowa. The hawk offense will be able to set up the pass with a decent run attack as some posters have said Ill St has 3 new Dee linemen. CJB will play well in the passing game with decent receiver play. But Ill St will move the ball enough to score.

Really I will take any kind of win after the 4 game skid to end last year and the way it happened.

------If Iowa loses it will be viewed by most as the new low point of the KF era.

Except by Klunk who will talk about the razor thin margin between the top FCS teams and Div I...and basically how "That's football".......snort!!!

Or just lack of execution. It couldn't be because everyone in the stadium and watching at home knew exactly what was going to happen before we did it. It will because "we just need to clean a few things up" or "that's football"

Good summation. I like the honest way you think.

I figure there is a better than 50-50 chance Iowa's first loss is coming against a team with an ISU abbreviation on the schedule. I figure it would have been likely against the clowns, but the offense looked terrible in the last open scrimmage
I don't know if there is enough time to make up for that stink fest, but we shall find out soon enough.

Scariest game on the schedule. ISU can play, and they can play a style that Iowa will struggle to stop. The talent level is probably dead even. Iowa wins 21-17, but I could definitely see them losing this game.

We'll have a lot to talk about with some nice drives but Iowa manages just 19 or 20 points. Other teams scores 3 TD's. Week 1 malaise continues. Some see things to build on. Others melt down.

Iowa 24 Illinois st 17 From what I seen last year this is a pretty talented team coming into Kinnick. They look to have some speed on the edges and anyone who watches Iowa FB knows that defensive speed is not our strong point.

Last edited:

Latest posts