Iowa v Northern Illinois Game Thread

Guess what? Today is game 1 of THIS year. We've been talking about last year for the past 6 months so let's move on.

Rudock looks like he's exactly what this offense needs. A smart QB who takes what the defense gives him, and doesn't lose the game for his team.

If hwk23 has a pair he'll show up and eat crow.

Rudock 9 ypa since that is the only stat that matters according to hwk23.

but hwk23 will wait until rudock makes a mistake or has a little bit of a bad game.

Rudock 9 ypa since that is the only stat that matters according to hwk23.

but hwk23 will wait until rudock makes a mistake or has a little bit of a bad game.

Exactly.

The only offensive complaint I have so far is I wish we could see more Damond Powell, but I don't have a clue how much of the offense he knows so I'll assume they are doing as much as they can there.

but great acciracy. And he did throw a 40 yard pass. How much more strength do you need. I guess 100 mph fastballs to the sideline?
Only nitpick is those two deep balls that were caught were a little under thrown.
Otherwise, solid call and solid execution of the play.

Limited arm strength. I don't know that I've seen any proof of that this game thus far. That incomplete pass to C.J. in the first quarter was 20+ yds and was thrown on a rope.

Exactly.

The only offensive complaint I have so far is I wish we could see more Damond Powell, but I don't have a clue how much of the offense he knows so I'll assume they are doing as much as they can there.

i'm guessing his knowledge of the playbook is limited to fly routes. hopefully they'll have him in the swing of things by the ISU game.

I just love the way Rudock is playing in his first ever game as a college QB. I know there is a lot of football left, but I can't say enough about how impressed I have been of his composure and execution.

Lets go hawks and take this first drive right down their throats and make a statement.

Latest posts