Iowa v Northern Illinois Game Thread

First half of football in his career and he has 188 yards passing and a rushing TD. Not bad, not bad at all. :)

I just realized our offense is pretty good so far. And we have scored more and gotten more yards in 1/2 then in a whole game last season. Is GDs system coming together?

About JVB and Ruddock last season. I still have a feeling that KF threw the season. Give Ruddock a year to learn and not get hurt or depressed. Let his senior QB not lose his job in his senior year. KF has all the security in the world to do something like that.

Hey, I'm curious....why do you give a $hit about last year? New year, new team.
Oh IDK, maybe better play last year would have attracted better recruits and gave us better team play now and in the future and maybe a few snaps would have made Rudock even better now. Maybe that's why I give a $hit

nice male pattern baldness at 21 years of age, Lynch

We had a #6 back in the days that had the male pattern baldness going as well, and he was a stud on the football field, as well.
Wayne Larivee "Superman wears #6 and he plays for the Iowa Hawkeyes!"

J. Ruddock 188 Yds 61% completion rate, 9.0 YPA 1TD/0 INT 2 RA 9 RYDS 1RT 0 SACKS

Pretty good stats against a team that went 12 - 2 last year.

Jake looked good in the 2nd quarter. I do hope that Iowa figures out how to play D though so we can actually see sokol. the way ruddock's playing now, Ferentz would be a complete idiot to change QBs.

Oh IDK, maybe better play last year would have attracted better recruits and gave us better team play now and in the future and maybe a few snaps would have made Rudock even better now. Maybe that's why I give a $hit

Well, unless you own a Delorean with a flux capacitor, then wishing different things from last year is an effort in futility. But I'll tell you what, you go ahead and keep wishing in one hand and then $hit in the other and tell me which fills up quicker. Goodness! We're looking good in the first game of the new season and we've still got people *****!ng about last year...

long ways to go in the game.

Iowa looks stronger (sans the Lynch thing)

but Iowa OL looks great
Iowa D - must blitz more (run blitz kind)

Guess what? Today is game 1 of THIS year. We've been talking about last year for the past 6 months so let's move on.

Rudock looks like he's exactly what this offense needs. A smart QB who takes what the defense gives him, and doesn't lose the game for his team.

If hwk23 has a pair he'll show up and eat crow.

but great acciracy. And he did throw a 40 yard pass. How much more strength do you need. I guess 100 mph fastballs to the sideline?

Latest posts