Iowa v Northern Illinois Game Thread

I don't think it was a bad play that was called. Jake rushed it before checking his secondary receivers. That was all about no experience. Maybe if he would have played some last year he would have been more comfortable in that situation. Overall, it's a tough loss but I see a lot more promise from this team than I did last season.

JR wasn't ready, it's his fault

Really disappointed with play calling in the last quarter.

Early in the game we were letting Rudok through past the sticks for first downs.

As we get later in the game we pucker up and get conservative on 3rd downs. Especially considering our corners were injured so we knew we needed points.

-Throw to the flat to Bullock on 3rd and 4 for a yard
-Bubble screen on 3rd and 9

If they were afraid of letting him throw then why have him throw on first down of both the next to last and last series. Especially since our run game was very successful.

The fake punt, the hurry up qb sneak false start, the 3 and 1 bomb (which is fine if you nut up and go for it on 4th, it just wasn't the right context for that play imo).

Same ole stuff and i'm just burned out on it

2nd half coaching was pitiful. scoring 17 points in the 2nd quarter shows you CAN make adjustments. scoring 3 points in the 2nd half shows blatant stupidity. The bad int didn't cost Iowa this game any more then the first two did. It was about the chess match with the coaching adjustments at halftime, Iowa made zero and I'm sure ferentz and davis still can't figure out why they only scored 3 points in the 2nd half.

2nd half coaching was pitiful. scoring 17 points in the 2nd quarter shows you CAN make adjustments. scoring 3 points in the 2nd half shows blatant stupidity. The bad int didn't cost Iowa this game any more then the first two did. It was about the chess match with the coaching adjustments at halftime, Iowa made zero and I'm sure ferentz and davis still can't figure out why they only scored 3 points in the 2nd half.

exactly

When you play to win, you almost always give yourself the chance to. When you play not to lose, you still frequently do.

Kirk Ferentz has not learned a basic principle of life.

Fake punt was a killer once again. I'm not gonna lie. When are they gonna start looking for those?

Aside from that some of you guys are overreacting. That was a better Iowa team than we saw all of last year. I think down the road we'll realize that was also a damn good Northern Illinois team. Still there's no excuses. That game should have been a win. Rudock played great until it mattered most. Hope he's able to keep his head.

Iowa is a real good MAC level team. We are going to get killed in the Big10.

Latest posts