Iowa v N Illinois Two Deep

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
twodeep1.jpg

TV: interesting that Paul Burmeister to do play-by-play and Chuck Long Color Commentator with Danan Hughes sideline reporter for BTN

Not to pick nits, but is it necessary for them to list 4 QBs when Lynch is the most sure thing on their entire roster?

Is Shumpert this years Paki Omeara? Or has he improved and turned into the real deal? I know he's long and athletic. But has had a tough time catching the ball. If he's gotten that much better and earned the spot great. That's the only spot on there that's a question mark to me. I thought we'd see Hillyer there. I'm sure alot of receivers will see snaps the first few games to see who can make a play and hopefully they'll settle on a corp group. I sure hope Powell gets in there. I don't want to see his speed wasted on the bench or only for a couple snaps a game.

I have to say I am a little surprised I don't see Damond Powell anywhere on the 2 deep after all I have heard about him.

I see Gavin Smith is behind Lomax. I thought Draper was the guy nipping at his heels. I hope we get to see Shumpert play the way Ferentz says he's been playing in practice. I thought guys like Smith and Cotton would of passed him up.

I see Gavin Smith is behind Lomax. I thought Draper was the guy nipping at his heels. I hope we get to see Shumpert play the way Ferentz says he's been playing in practice. I thought guys like Smith and Cotton would of passed him up.

Looks like they tried to list Sean Draper #7 as the 3rd corner but whiffed on the formatting.

Is Shumpert this years Paki Omeara? Or has he improved and turned into the real deal? I know he's long and athletic. But has had a tough time catching the ball. If he's gotten that much better and earned the spot great. .

we need some "good stories" to emerge as Ferentz likes to say about seniors who finally contribute. Hopefully Shumpert is a great story. We need a book full of them!

I have to say I am a little surprised I don't see Damond Powell anywhere on the 2 deep after all I have heard about him.

He has been a part of the team for 3 weeks. Two deeps contain some rewards for program players, but playing time is earned. I bet that Powell is one of top 4 WR in reps against NIU.

Shumpert has supposedly been tearing it up in practice.

By now we should all know this fact about Kirk's charts: A player is never listed on the depth chart if they have not AT LEAST dressed for the previous game.

Wasn't Ott the guy everyone was all ****** about having his redshirt burned last year?

If OTT is good and stays healthy then 3 years from now we wont worry about a few games he played his freshman year. If the hawks are on an uptick and keep getting good players there will be guys waiting to take over or even beat out OTT.

Wow that would be great. He has the speed we have all been looking for
Is Shumpert this years Paki Omeara? Or has he improved and turned into the real deal? I know he's long and athletic. But has had a tough time catching the ball. If he's gotten that much better and earned the spot great. That's the only spot on there that's a question mark to me. I thought we'd see Hillyer there. I'm sure alot of receivers will see snaps the first few games to see who can make a play and hopefully they'll settle on a corp group. I sure hope Powell gets in there. I don't want to see his speed wasted on the bench or only for a couple snaps a game.

I heard Shumpert got contacts and is actually seeing the ball now. I'm sure that has helped tremendously. The guy is a freak athlete, so this bodes well IMO. I'm assuming Donnal and Walsh are alternating. Donnal has gotten a ton of reps with the ones.

I'm glad they have a test in Game one. It won't take very long to size things up for 2013. I think our depth is so much better this year on the OL and DL. That's a good thing. Putting Meier and Alston or Collins at DE on 2nd and 3rd and long would be very interesting. No more watching Colter or Steele Pantz or similar QB's scramble for 10 minutes while someone works their way open. These guys will hunt them down on the run.

Putting Meier and Alston or Collins at DE on 2nd and 3rd and long would be very interesting. No more watching Colter or Steele Pantz or similar QB's scramble for 10 minutes while someone works their way open. These guys will hunt them down on the run.

To be a pessimist, who says there will be any 2nd and longs let along 3rd and longs?

Latest posts