Iowa v ISU Game Thread

We really need a PT tonight. Nothing against Marble, not his true position. Should throw Stubs in there, nothing to lose...Need some 3's anyway.

Royce White had 2 drives early in the game where he went from the three point line to a dunk, and 4 guys just stood and watched as he drove by them. We either go all out and 3 guys go running out and leave somebody wide open on ball rotation, or no one does and we give up a wide open 3. This is frustrating. I coached a 6th grade boys team that understands team defense concepts better than this team.

Then you can understand that its on the coaching to figure that out...not the players. Obviously we don't have talent, but this team acts like they've never played defense before.

c'mon guys we are so bad there shouldn't be arguing only happy thoughts about next year. Everyone know we are pathetic right now.

I have NO idea what your vendetta is against me. Just ignore me again, instead of arguing like a 5 year old.

No 5 year olds send other people private messages asking them what there problem is during Football game threads. :)

Also who's arguing??

Having said that why we continue to press with this collective bunch of no hustle athletes. ONce again an opponent shoots 60% and the Hawkeyes are under 40%. You could just replay one game every night they play and see the same damn thing.
Where do you see athletes?

We really need a PT tonight. Nothing against Marble, not his true position. Should throw Stubs in there, nothing to lose...Need some 3's anyway.

Stubbs isn't good enough to play against this level of competition. And his flat trajectory shot would get slapped back into his face. Consistently.

for the haters out there
Cartwright, Gatens, Brommer and Archie will be gone next season
and a Top 20 Ranked group will replace them

Then you can understand that its on the coaching to figure that out...not the players. Obviously we don't have talent, but this team acts like they've never played defense before.

Yep, when two guys go flying out on a ball rotation, it isn't that they aren't talented, it is that they either don't communicate with each other, or they just don't understand what they are supposed to be doing.

There are so many things wrong with this team. No heart. Gatens is afraid to try and take a game over. May refuses to shoot the ball. They have no one to defend the post. Basabe looks like he could careless. There is no offensive flow. The zone on defense doesnt work they get shredded from the three point line every game. This team lacks a dominant player someone you can go to in the clutch hell someone that can knock down a jump shot. This team needs alot of help. I am afraid the days of Iowa being competitive in basketball are long gone and we wont be anything but a bottom feeder for the foreseeable future.