Iowa v ISU Game Thread

Fran needs to go. This is absurd.

No. This year really doesn't mean ****. Whether we win 18 or 6 games, we were never going to make the tournament this year. Fran is going to live and die with next year's class. We need to get those guys on campus.

We played man to man early and they beat our players off the dribble. There really isn't a strategy that's going to work.

We've played ZONE most of the year. I'd rather see slow kids get beat off the dribble and try to play help side, instead of seeing 3 after 3.

60% shooting by ISU unbelievable
funny ISU had 9 fouls called on them at the 6:36 mark and not another foul called on them
the only calls went against Iowa
still no excuse
this team is playing to timid
how much did the bad Officiating affect them for this game

All teams will shoot well against us because we're slow and we play zone and give up wide open threes. We don't box out or hustle at all. Teams should be shooting more like 70%.

We've played ZONE most of the year. I'd rather see slow kids get beat off the dribble and try to play help side, instead of seeing 3 after 3.

We have played man a fair amount. They got dunks nearly every possession. What would you like Fran to do? Coach K couldn't help this team.

No **** he only posts in game threads and biatches the whole time.... The guy is really an idiot.

Actually Cibula is Mr. know it all in football game threads and rips on anyone who talks about KF or the team in a negative way. So I find this rather funny.

We have played man a fair amount. They got dunks nearly every possession. What would you like Fran to do? Coach K couldn't help this team.

It's not about getting beat off the dribble....no one else on the floor plays defense. Any good man to man can stop the penetration we've seen.

This team is the worst Iowa team of my lifetime, hands down. I couldn't stand watching Lickliter ball, but at least the fundamentals, like boxing out, help defense, etc. were sometimes executed. We had to burn a timeout after an ISU make because everyone but the guy inbounding the ball ran up floor? Seriously, no one knew who was running the point?

You're complaining about us being slow, and that's true, but when players go to help they will still be leaving shooters open that would not be able to get back and guard.

We'd still have the same issues we are having now. We aren't good enough to compete and a lot of that is because we have no interior players whatsoever.

Actually Cibula is Mr. know it all in football game threads and rips on anyone who talks about KF or the team in a negative way. So I find this rather funny.

I have NO idea what your vendetta is against me. Just ignore me again, instead of arguing like a 5 year old.

It's not about getting beat off the dribble....no one else on the floor plays defense. Any good man to man can stop the penetration we've seen.

Royce White had 2 drives early in the game where he went from the three point line to a dunk, and 4 guys just stood and watched as he drove by them. We either go all out and 3 guys go running out and leave somebody wide open on ball rotation, or no one does and we give up a wide open 3. This is frustrating. I coached a 6th grade boys team that understands team defense concepts better than this team.

Latest posts