Iowa Up to #31 in 247 Sports Recruiting Rankings

Evy=winner, Hayden=winner, KF=uh....that's football.

Here is where some of you lose me. If KF last 15 years are so awful, then why were the last 15 years of Hayden so great?

Kirk Ferentz's last 15 years:
124-68 (65% winning%) Good for 23rd best winning % overall and 19th of all P5 teams
2 B1G titles
3 BCS bowl appearances
75-46 B1G record (62% winning%)

Hayden Fry's last 15 years:
106-65-6 (62% winning%) Good for 27th best winning % overall and 23rd of all P5 teams
2 B1G titles
2 BCS bowl appearances
69-47-5 B1G record (57% winning%)

Here is where some of you lose me. If KF last 15 years are so awful, then why were the last 15 years of Hayden so great?

Kirk Ferentz's last 15 years:
124-68 (65% winning%) Good for 23rd best winning % overall and 19th of all P5 teams
2 B1G titles
3 BCS bowl appearances
75-46 B1G record (62% winning%)

Hayden Fry's last 15 years:
106-65-6 (62% winning%) Good for 27th best winning % overall and 23rd of all P5 teams
2 B1G titles
2 BCS bowl appearances
69-47-5 B1G record (57% winning%)

Keep your facts and logic to yourself. They are nothing compared to blind rage.

Even worse yet...
'16 - Iowa 40, Nebraska 10. (47-9, 24-5)
'15 - Iowa 28, Nebraska 20. (60-12, 30-4)
'14 - Iowa 34, Nebraska 37. (59-12, 36-6)
'13 - Iowa 38, Nebraska 17. (58-12, 22-3)
'12 - Iowa 7, Nebraska 13. (40-7, 31-4)

We gotta catch up on recruiting and turn this around!

Btw, the numbers in ( ) are national recruiting rank and B1G rank. If you go by recruiting rank alone, how are we even competing with nebby? Let alone at 3-3 since they joined the B1G, and all losses being less than 7 points, with one an OT loss and the other with an awful '12 team.

Yeah. KF is not a great, or even good recruiter historically(at least not in class rank), which no one resonable will argue, then he's either an awesome developer of talent...or is doing much better finding talent than the ranking services are at defining it. Or its both.

Now, losing to lesser teams is a knock I won't defend, but I believe that's due to game scheme, over conservatism, and playcalling. And that's not what this topic is about.

If we finish in the 30's nationally, it'll be a big jump from the last 5 years, even with all the drama this year. That's a start.

Fire Ferentz.

Wait 3 fucking years in a row we were dead ass last in recruiting in the conference? Can Dean Scroggs spin this as positive for me somehow? We should always finish above Rutgers, jNW, Minnesota, Indiana, Illinois, Purdue. And be on par with Wisconsin (wait over 10 years they have progressed) MSU and yes even mighty Nebraska, who was last relevant when the guys playing there now dad's were on the team.

Keep your facts and logic to yourself. They are nothing compared to blind rage.
Yes and that extra non conference game where KF lines up the usual top 15 blue blood powerhouse. You know like Wisconsin does against LSU and Alabama/North Dakota State.

Wait 3 fucking years in a row we were dead ass last in recruiting in the conference? Can Dean Scroggs spin this as positive for me somehow? We should always finish above Rutgers, jNW, Minnesota, Indiana, Illinois, Purdue. And be on par with Wisconsin (wait over 10 years they have progressed) MSU and yes even mighty Nebraska, who was last relevant when the guys playing there now dad's were on the team.

My positive spin would be with those crappy recruits from '12-15 we won a conference title, went 20-7 over the last two years. That is tie for 3rd most wins in the B1G in the last 2 years. So yep those players were just AWFUL, weren't they?

Sometimes you guys kill me. You wanna bitch about the recruiting rankings, but you don't wanna talk about what those kids actually did on the field? Oh and BTW SI re ranked the '13 recruiting class and said we had a top 10 class based on RESULTS. So you can either think the '13 class is still the "60 some rated class" or you can realize that those kids were never rated right, and the correct rating should have been top 10.

Yes and that extra non conference game where KF lines up the usual top 15 blue blood powerhouse. You know like Wisconsin does against LSU and Alabama/North Dakota State.

That sure explains why Fry won 57% of his B1G game while KF is winning 62% over those years.

Keep trying man, any way you cut it the numbers are too freaking similar that only a delusional asshat would try to make the case that one was Da Bomb, and the other was A Bomb.

My positive spin would be with those crappy recruits from '12-15 we won a conference title, went 20-7 over the last two years. That is tie for 3rd most wins in the B1G in the last 2 years. So yep those players were just AWFUL, weren't they?

Sometimes you guys kill me. You wanna bitch about the recruiting rankings, but you don't wanna talk about what those kids actually did on the field? Oh and BTW SI re ranked the '13 recruiting class and said we had a top 10 class based on RESULTS. So you can either think the '13 class is still the "60 some rated class" or you can realize that those kids were never rated right, and the correct rating should have been top 10.

Oh for sure I mean when we lined up against teams that had a pulse we excelled. I mean hell just look at the offensive (no pun intended) spectacles we've put on in the last 4 bowl games. What 10 points in the last 4 first halves combined? That a real lightning rod for attracting offensive talent.

That sure explains why Fry won 57% of his B1G game while KF is winning 62% over those years.

Keep trying man, any way you cut it the numbers are too freaking similar that only a delusional asshat would try to make the case that one was Da Bomb, and the other was A Bomb.

I'm sure Michigan's provenance in the HF era has been equal to that in the KF era, same with Penn St. Illinois was also better in the 80's and 90's.

Oh for sure I mean when we lined up against teams that had a pulse we excelled. I mean hell just look at the offensive (no pun intended) spectacles we've put on in the last 4 bowl games. What 10 points in the last 4 first halves combined? That a real lightning rod for attracting offensive talent.

You asked for my positive spin, so I gave it to you. If you didn't want my ****ing positive spin, then don't ****ing ask for it asshat.

Yet those last place classes brought in guys like Desmond King, Josey Jewell, Leshun Daniels, Akrum Wadley, Matt VandeBerg, Sean Welsh and Boone Myers. Oh wait, that was ONLY the last place 2013 class.

Yet those last place classes brought in guys like Desmond King, Josey Jewell, Leshun Daniels, Akrum Wadley, Matt VandeBerg, Sean Welsh and Boone Myers. Oh wait, that was ONLY the last place 2013 class.
My guess is the 5 Crimson Tide players going in the first round in April were 5 star recruits. What the hell is your point?

You mean like the 4 ranked OOC opponents that Fry's teams player after 1985. Or 1985's OOC of the power houses that were Drake, Iowa State and Norther Illinois?

I'm sure Michigan's provenance in the HF era has been equal to that in the KF era, same with Penn St. Illinois was also better in the 80's and 90's.

Haha, you might want to give up here. Over half of the B1G sucked balls when Hayden was there. It was OSU, Michigan and a bunch of patsies. Here was Hayden's "gauntlet" for B1G play:

1984-1999 National winning % and rank

#96 Northwestern .325
#81 Minnesota .400
#78 Purdue .414
#68 Indiana .442
#61 Illinois .480
#54 Wisconsin .502

Just give up now, because you are simply clueless. Either you weren't alive at the time, or you just can't remember. Hayden played 6 patsies for the most part in B1G a year.

My guess is the 5 Crimson Tide players going in the first round in April were 5 star recruits. What the hell is your point?

Are you really this dumb? You made a post about how we had crappy last place recruiting classes from 2013 through 2015. I responded with the names of several major contributors that were part of the last place 2013 class. Several of those guys will be getting drafted soon.

Latest posts