Iowa Up to #31 in 247 Sports Recruiting Rankings

Passing game was disfunctional. Sure. Not the program.

Contracts? WTF does that have to do with being a straight shooter. Getting a kick ass, albeit absurd, contract is not playing games.

The rest, is your opinion. So you call it what you want. You have a strange ax to grind with Iowa, grind away.

Good day Gold.
:cool: If you are content with KF that is your concern. I think Iowa can do better.

Folks lets not get all giddy. We rank 7th in a conference that is maybe #2 possibly #3 in the Power 5. It's no wonder our best recruiters are Levar Woods at 138 followed by Brian Ferentz at 247....that's got all the earmarks of you will never be better than about #40 overall in recruiting period. Recruiting is a discipline and a mindset neither of which we've done with the effort that is needed to compete for conference championships. And don't give me the "what about last year...." argument as proof or I'll give you the 4-8, 6-6 etc. years in opposition.

Are you really this dumb? You made a post about how we had crappy last place recruiting classes from 2013 through 2015. I responded with the names of several major contributors that were part of the last place 2013 class. Several of those guys will be getting drafted soon.
Stanzi dude...define several buddy. Having said that we have done better than Texas at getting guys drafted but that's not a measuring stick I would be proud of.

Stanzi dude...define several buddy. Having said that we have done better than Texas at getting guys drafted but that's not a measuring stick I would be proud of.

Well among those names King and Jaleel are locks to be drafted this year. Jewell and Wadley are virtual locks to be drafted next year. And someone will likely take a shot on Welsh late.

I agree King and Jaleel the others maaaybe....Welsh probable as everyone gets short on OL late in the season. But you stated from 2003 on that's a lot to say several every year....that's all. I'm also not sure with all those draftees why we struggle to compete some years....that makes NO sense.

I'd say it's your concern, cause he's gonna be here at least a few more years. Then we'll find out if Iowa does better. Maybe they will.

Maybe we could play ping pong...back and forth....back and forth....back and forth....back and forth....back and forth....back and forth....back and forth....back and forth....back and forth....back and forth....back and forth....back and forth....back and forth....back and forth....back and forth....back and forth....back and forth...

we could play with grounded axes?

KF hooked me in again last year. Never again. If they do well, I'll enjoy with a smirk and head shake. And he probably will do well again... But it won't be because of a brilliant passing game directed by BF....

Carry on.

The amateurs call it ping pong,we call it table tennis:) No one likes how Iowa has played in Bowl games,I went to Rose Bowl but knew better than go to Outback.All we can do is wait and see if the coaches can turn it around.I will at least give them a chance even though some feel we've given them enough chances already.Can't argue with yours and others conclusion just don't like the personal attacks.Still hoping they can do it.Go Hawks

So you're like the guy who get's his panties bunched up when I say frisbee instead of disc golf.

I hope you don't call ping pong a sport. That's going too far.
Lol,No I don't.What really gets me riled is they have badminton and table tennis in the Olympics but want to get rid of wrestling.

I agree King and Jaleel the others maaaybe....Welsh probable as everyone gets short on OL late in the season. But you stated from 2003 on that's a lot to say several every year....that's all. I'm also not sure with all those draftees why we struggle to compete some years....that makes NO sense.

We don't get many skill position position players drafted. Thats the problem. It's easy to take a lineman and coach them up, but skill players either have it, or they don't. Can't coach speed, instincts, etc. We lack talent at the skill positions, or that talent sits on the bench and transfers because KF favors the player that practices well over a kid that gets it done on Saturdays. Combine that with KF being one of the worst game day coaches in college football, and you get Iowa Football.

:cool: If you are content with KF that is your concern. I think Iowa can do better.

No way we can do better. We're just little ole Iowa. KF has been pounding that in our heads since he's been here. Unfortunately the highly talented recruits we need have also noticed that, and don't want to play here.

No way we can do better. We're just little ole Iowa. KF has been pounding that in our heads since he's been here. Unfortunately the highly talented recruits we need have also noticed that, and don't want to play here.

It wasn't like Fry was brining in top 20 recruiting classes 3 out of 5 years. He might have had a couple of them during his 20 years, but for the most part Fry won with Defense, running the ball and Line play. Sound familiar?

We don't get many skill position position players drafted. Thats the problem. It's easy to take a lineman and coach them up, but skill players either have it, or they don't. Can't coach speed, instincts, etc. We lack talent at the skill positions, or that talent sits on the bench and transfers because KF favors the player that practices well over a kid that gets it done on Saturdays. Combine that with KF being one of the worst game day coaches in college football, and you get Iowa Football.

Really? You should send in your resume then. Sorry, I'm not buying it.

Latest posts