Iowa Up to #31 in 247 Sports Recruiting Rankings

You need to keep up, Iowa back down to #37, Neb up to #22. Still can't make up for what could have been had KF and crew not f***ed up. 2015 a Top 10 finish, Rose Bowl and he still can't recruit for s***.

You need to keep up, Iowa back down to #37, Neb up to #22. Still can't make up for what could have been had KF and crew not f***ed up. 2015 a Top 10 finish, Rose Bowl and he still can't recruit for s***.

Even worse yet...
'16 - Iowa 40, Nebraska 10. (47-9, 24-5)
'15 - Iowa 28, Nebraska 20. (60-12, 30-4)
'14 - Iowa 34, Nebraska 37. (59-12, 36-6)
'13 - Iowa 38, Nebraska 17. (58-12, 22-3)
'12 - Iowa 7, Nebraska 13. (40-7, 31-4)

We gotta catch up on recruiting and turn this around!

Btw, the numbers in ( ) are national recruiting rank and B1G rank. If you go by recruiting rank alone, how are we even competing with nebby? Let alone at 3-3 since they joined the B1G, and all losses being less than 7 points, with one an OT loss and the other with an awful '12 team.

Yeah. KF is not a great, or even good recruiter historically(at least not in class rank), which no one resonable will argue, then he's either an awesome developer of talent...or is doing much better finding talent than the ranking services are at defining it. Or its both.

Now, losing to lesser teams is a knock I won't defend, but I believe that's due to game scheme, over conservatism, and playcalling. And that's not what this topic is about.

If we finish in the 30's nationally, it'll be a big jump from the last 5 years, even with all the drama this year. That's a start.

Fire Ferentz.

Walker, you always write sensible stuff and I enjoy it. I get the whole development model at Iowa. And I appreciate it. Comparing recruiting rank to Nebraska is apples and oranges, they have their own issues, coaching changes, they seem to recruit skill positions and haven't developed their O Line/D Line.

What galls me about KF and staff is the failure to recruit speed and of course it shows in the bowls. Pick 10 WRs' and go after them, you may actually get one, or two. I agree KF is great at developing talent, maybe the best in the country. But stealing from the MAC in the hopes that they develop is not a recruiting strategy.

It is obvious that this staff did not seize the opportunity that the 2015 season provided. And the obvious staff f'ups regarding Eno, and Martin and all. Some on this board are so content with being mediocre, and no matter what KF does they are fine with it.

Evy=winner, Hayden=winner, KF=uh....that's football.

Walker, you always write sensible stuff and I enjoy it. I get the whole development model at Iowa. And I appreciate it. Comparing recruiting rank to Nebraska is apples and oranges, they have their own issues, coaching changes, they seem to recruit skill positions and haven't developed their O Line/D Line.

What galls me about KF and staff is the failure to recruit speed and of course it shows in the bowls. Pick 10 WRs' and go after them, you may actually get one, or two. I agree KF is great at developing talent, maybe the best in the country. But stealing from the MAC in the hopes that they develop is not a recruiting strategy.

It is obvious that this staff did not seize the opportunity that the 2015 season provided. And the obvious staff f'ups regarding Eno, and Martin and all. Some on this board are so content with being mediocre, and no matter what KF does they are fine with it.

Evy=winner, Hayden=winner, KF=uh....that's football.

I'm like a nice, sensible pair of shoes. A little style, a little comfort, very versatile, but if I get worn too much, I get stinky and cause pain.

That's footwear.o_O

Latest posts