Iowa State: I don't get it

Based on....

really? ok, i'll bite. Based on your team. What did you miss this past weekend? That score was not indicative of the game. Meaning it was worse than that for the clowns. How many pick 6s were dropped by the Tigers?

You have no defense and NW has a pretty good offense.

Your offense is pretty bad, but NW's D is not great, so call that a wash, or slight advantage to NW.

NW would roll you guys.

Northwestern has lost 4 straight games! One being to Army, yes w/o Persa, but they still lost to Army.

I don't know how anyone could predict that they would beat anyone right now. They're 4 loses where all to teams that are WORSE than who ISU just lost 3 straight to. The logic is so flawed here.

how many straight games will the clowns lose, if that is the measuring stick. If you predict the rest, you are the winner.

you clownies could easily be 0-6, but are not. 3 plays that have given you 3 wins, which goes to your credit. But check the teams that you have wins against, and you are railing on NW for losing to Illinois and Michigan? 1 win v. 1AA team on a desperation throw. 1 win v. UCONN who is 3-4. and 1 win v. Iowa, which is your super bowl. and you are bagging on a team and calling them horrible?

You guys are delusional.

Win 3 more games and beat NW in a bowl. problem is you don't have 1 win in you, let alone three.

With the harvest season largely done, what will be clownations excuse now as to why the jack isn't packed? you might get 3/4 of the place full for the TAM dismantling, but Kansas and OST will think they are at a spring game based on the attendance of those games.

I'm drunk?

Northwestern has lost 4 straight games! One being to Army, yes w/o Persa, but they still lost to Army.

I don't know how anyone could predict that they would beat anyone right now. They're 4 loses where all to teams that are WORSE than who ISU just lost 3 straight to. The logic is so flawed here.

Really, so if you want to compare numbers then compare it this way: NW has the 52nd ranked offense, ISU has the 108th ranked D. ISU has the 74th ranked offense, NW has the 101st ranked D. And before you start about the offenses ISU has faced you should know ISU has only faced 2 offenses in the top 20 (3rd and 13th) another ranked 67th (Iowa), and another ranked 69th (Texas) and another one at 103rd (UConn) yet they are still ranked 108th in total D.

One could argue the NW D has faced better offenses as well as they have faced: the 27th (Michigan), 42nd (Illinois), 47th (Army) and the 67th (Iowa).

So again I don't think ISU would be able to outscore NW and would lose.

Last edited:
That's why I'm here

internet+man+funtasticus.jpg

Really, so if you want to compare numbers then compare it this way: NW has the 52nd ranked offense, ISU has the 108th ranked D. ISU has the 74th ranked offense, NW has the 101st ranked D. And before you start about the offenses ISU has faced you should know ISU has only faced 2 offenses in the top 20 (3rd and 13th) another ranked 67th (Iowa), and another ranked 69th (Texas) and another one at 103rd (UConn) yet they are still ranked 108th in total D.

One could argue the NW D has faced better offenses as well as they have faced: the 27th (Michigan), 42nd (Illinois), 47th (Army) and the 67th (Iowa).

So again I don't think ISU would be able to outscore NW and would lose.

bravo, but logic and clowns do not mix.

nw would roll 'em.

ISU doesn't have the front 4 to deal with the Big 12's 4 wide sets. Plain and simple.
ISU doesn't have a stand out on the DL so when they get spread out its 5 OL vs 5 defenders...and they get killed on the ground.

As for the offense, Iowa brought the least amount of pressure that Jantz saw all season. DC's are learning that hes not so hot when hes pressured.

Iowa didn't particularly match-up as well vs ISU as Big 12 teams do.

ISU doesn't have the front 4 to deal with the Big 12's 4 wide sets. Plain and simple.
ISU doesn't have a stand out on the DL so when they get spread out its 5 OL vs 5 defenders...and they get killed on the ground.

As for the offense, Iowa brought the least amount of pressure that Jantz saw all season. DC's are learning that hes not so hot when hes pressured.

Iowa didn't particularly match-up as well vs ISU as Big 12 teams do.

good job here.

All this hype about the Big 12 leaves me cold. We handled a better Missouri team than this one last year. Does anyone really think we would lose to them by 30-40 points? Kansas is woeful, Texas is still in their funk from a year ago; A&M and Baylor are wildly inconsistent. I will give you Oklahoma and Ok State who are better than all Big 10 teams save Wisconsin. The rest of the conference we could certainly play with just like we can with the Big 10. I am not saying we would beat all of them just as we won't with the Big 10, but we would not lose by 30 and 40 points to Baylor, Texas and Missouri. Iowa State's annual collapse does not somehow make the conference any better than it is when it comes to playing teams other than Iowa State. With the collapse the Clones are enjoying, they could lose to Kansas.

All this hype about the Big 12 leaves me cold. We handled a better Missouri team than this one last year. Does anyone really think we would lose to them by 30-40 points? Kansas is woeful, Texas is still in their funk from a year ago; A&M and Baylor are wildly inconsistent. I will give you Oklahoma and Ok State who are better than all Big 10 teams save Wisconsin. The rest of the conference we could certainly play with just like we can with the Big 10. I am not saying we would beat all of them just as we won't with the Big 10, but we would not lose by 30 and 40 points to Baylor, Texas and Missouri. Iowa State's annual collapse does not somehow make the conference any better than it is when it comes to playing teams other than Iowa State. With the collapse the Clones are enjoying, they could lose to Kansas.

agreed. it was only one year ago that an average big ten team (4-4 in conference, 7-5 overall) beat a top big 12 team (6-2, 10-2 overall). so while it appears to be one way, who really knows.

it's just clownz being clownz. always an excuse for failure.

how many straight games will the clowns lose, if that is the measuring stick. If you predict the rest, you are the winner.

you clownies could easily be 0-6, but are not. 3 plays that have given you 3 wins, which goes to your credit. But check the teams that you have wins against, and you are railing on NW for losing to Illinois and Michigan? 1 win v. 1AA team on a desperation throw. 1 win v. UCONN who is 3-4. and 1 win v. Iowa, which is your super bowl. and you are bagging on a team and calling them horrible?

You guys are delusional.

Win 3 more games and beat NW in a bowl. problem is you don't have 1 win in you, let alone three.

With the harvest season largely done, what will be clownations excuse now as to why the jack isn't packed? you might get 3/4 of the place full for the TAM dismantling, but Kansas and OST will think they are at a spring game based on the attendance of those games.

I'm drunk?

If ISU is 3 plays away from being 0-6 than Iowa is 2 plays away from being 2-4.

This game is fun

agreed. it was only one year ago that an average big ten team (4-4 in conference, 7-5 overall) beat a top big 12 team (6-2, 10-2 overall). so while it appears to be one way, who really knows.

it's just clownz being clownz. always an excuse for failure.

I like the part where you picked an outlier (Iowa vs. Mizzou) and ignored the vast body of evidence, which that the B1G went 2-5 in bowl games, with the OSU win vacated. You guys lost five ******* bowl games in one day. Five. If i was you i would demolish all football stadiums in the conference and never play football again.

Latest posts