Iowa St. is still Iowa St.

The offense was already pretty bad by Big12 standards. They ranked 8th in the Big12 in total offense (only better than KState and Kansas) . Their rushing offense with a good RB was ranked 8th in the Big12 at 120 YPG. Iowa struggled mightily running the ball this year and averaged 142 YPG on the ground.

The real strength for ISU was the defense, but they lose a ton from this unit. They lose all 3 LB in Spears, Harvey and Lanning (who was the heart and soul of this team). They also lose 2 DL and 2 from the secondary. That is a whole lot to replace, and the fact is Campbell Soup boy has recruiting rankings in the 50's so it ain't like he is getting plug and play reload type players.

I fully expect them to make a bowl game though. They have 4 for sure W's on the schedule. SDSU, Akron, Baylor, Kansas. Tech, KState, WVU, and Texas are all beatable as well. If they don't get to a bowl game, that is an epic fail really.

LoL Campbell Soup Boy nice. Good details I wasn't aware exactly on the defense how much they were losing and that is definitely something Iowa State can't do is reload or plug and play the next man in. Wasn't Saturday the 10th time in a row that Kansas State beat Iowa State? From your list I have to wonder who Texas and West Virginia lose and if they will be better next year or not?

When talking about their running game as well one has to think that losing Campos will be a pretty big hit as he has been there it seems like forever and is their LT arguably the main spot on the line being their QB's blind spot.

Last I checked, the Hawkeyes weren’t exactly playoff material. Hate to say it, but I think these teams are closer to even than the Iowa side may like. Campbell and ISU are on the come up, maybe slower than Iowa State fans want but overall they are rising. And Iowa is barely holding steady. Barely. I know we’ve all done the research, take out 2009 & 2015 and it’s close to .500. Iowa State has found something with Pollard & Campbell, and now Pollard has found life for the wrestling program. The Hawks better wake up, Barta on down.
I have my issues with Ferentz, but the bolded part is silly. Take out the 2 worst seasons and Iowa is 67% since 2008. Thats an average of 8.7 wins per 13 games.
The last 10 seasons as a whole, Iowa has won 62.8% of their games, or 8.2 wins per 13 games.

To put things in more perspective, Iowa has 8 or more wins 6 times in the last 10 years, with the chance to make it 7 this year.
In Iowa State's history going back to 1892, they have 8 or more wins only 8 times. EIGHT. And only once since 1978. To say these teams are close is to ignore history and facts.

Everyone seems to love the Campbell extension. I don't really understand it....kinda think its a knee-jerk reaction IMO. He's 10-14 in his 2 years at ISU and they gave him a $1.4M raise? $3.5M a year for 6 years?

That puts him in the top-30 of highest paid college coaches. More than Pat Fitzgerald, Brohm, Paul Chryst, Bill Snyder, Mike Leach, Will Muschamp. And for what? Because he beat TCU and Oklahoma and went to a bowl game with a 7-5 record one season?
Obviously, Pollard went to the Gary Barta school of athletic directorship.

Went over to CycloneFanatic to see how excited they were by the news. CyTwins, 1976, and the other idiots are out in full force today. Yikes. I need to stay away from that place, it will lower your IQ in a hurry.

Went over to CycloneFanatic to see how excited they were by the news. CyTwins, 1976, and the other idiots are out in full force today. Yikes. I need to stay away from that place, it will lower your IQ in a hurry.

Those 2 and many others over there make the Tennessee Vol fans look rational.

Please give us a snippet. I'd rather not go over there and soil myself...
There is a lot to choose from. I'll go with one of my personal favorites from 1976:

I'm surprised @YeahBuddy is still around. We just locked in our coach, so we have the best coaches in the state in both basketball and football and it's not even close. I guess hok fans will go down with ship of flaming poo trying to convince anyone who will listen that their programs are still relevant while the rest of the world recognizes that this has become a CYCLONE STATE!!!

Please give us a snippet. I'd rather not go over there and soil myself...

They are beyond stupid, so most any post of those idiots is cringe worthy. Here is his all Iowa team

QB: Kempt
RB: Montgomery
WR: Lazard
WR: Ryen
WR: Butler
TE: Fant
OL: Campos
OL: Daniels
OL: Welsh
OL: Good Jones
OL: Knipfel or Iowa's other guard

DL: A. Nelson
DL: Lima
DL: Bailey
DL: Waggoner
LB: Spears or Harvey
LB: Jewell
LB: Lanning
CB: Peavy
CB: Jackson
S: Cotton-Moya
S: Iowa's best safety

K Owens
P Downing
PR Ryen
KR Iowa

There is a lot to choose from. I'll go with one of my personal favorites from 1976:

I'm surprised @YeahBuddy is still around. We just locked in our coach, so we have the best coaches in the state in both basketball and football and it's not even close. I guess hok fans will go down with ship of flaming poo trying to convince anyone who will listen that their programs are still relevant while the rest of the world recognizes that this has become a CYCLONE STATE!!!

life in a bubble...

Reactions: DJL
They are beyond stupid, so most any post of those idiots is cringe worthy. Here is his all Iowa team

K Owens
P Downing
PR Ryen
KR Iowa
1976 is an anti-troll like clinton is here. No way he can be serious.

Reactions: DJL
You guys crack me up. First, you are all giddy that someone is going to waltz into Ames and take our coach away from us, but now that he is basically locked up for a few years, we are paying him way too much for what he has accomplished. I told you we were going to give him oodles of money and he would stay, but don't listen to the guy who might know a little more about the situation than yourselves.
I don't see why you would have any further information that we don't. We're all spectators here. If anything I think we would be a little less delusional than you.

1976 is an anti-troll like clinton is here. No way he can be serious.
There are times I think that about CyTwins as well, but other times I think it's real. Either way, they aren't the smartest group of people over on that site.

K Owens
P Downing
PR Ryen
KR Iowa

Cyclone fans have a monster hard-on for Lanning and I don't get it. Sure, its a "feel good story", but Lanning is the reason Iowa beat Iowa State...he got torched by Wadley on his long touchdown near the end of regulation. Lanning also got burnt badly against K-State. So, congrats, Lanning has a -2 WAR

I'm happy he didn't end up at Nebraska. I think he could have done some really good work there. I don't see him ever being more than a 6-6 or 7-5 coach in Ames though. Nobody can win consistently at that place.

Last I checked, the Hawkeyes weren’t exactly playoff material. Hate to say it, but I think these teams are closer to even than the Iowa side may like. Campbell and ISU are on the come up, maybe slower than Iowa State fans want but overall they are rising. And Iowa is barely holding steady. Barely. I know we’ve all done the research, take out 2009 & 2015 and it’s close to .500. Iowa State has found something with Pollard & Campbell, and now Pollard has found life for the wrestling program. The Hawks better wake up, Barta on down.
Figure out how to make the offense show up every week and we're either in Indi this week or out by one loss to Wisky.

Obviously, Pollard went to the Gary Barta school of athletic directorship.

Sad isn’t it? What reality do some football fans live in? One poster......... saying ISU is giving a life time contract for a 7-5 season. The ISU poster saw the opportunity and stuck the knife in and twisted it........................................................ and he was dead on!

Latest posts