Iowa St. is still Iowa St.

Cyclone fans have a monster hard-on for Lanning and I don't get it. Sure, its a "feel good story", but Lanning is the reason Iowa beat Iowa State...he got torched by Wadley on his long touchdown near the end of regulation. Lanning also got burnt badly against K-State. So, congrats, Lanning has a -2 WAR

Is Lanning the only LB that Wadley has ever beat in space?

In all fairness to them, Lanning did have one hell of a year, especially when you factor in his experience level. I actually wouldn't be shocked if he ended up being drafted.

In all fairness to them, Lanning did have one hell of a year, especially when you factor in his experience level. I actually wouldn't be shocked if he ended up being drafted.

OK, nice story for the kid...good season all things considered. But drafted? .... now you're sounding like someone in Ames. Long shot as some team might like him as a practice squad guy. But he'll never "stick" in the NFL.

Last edited:
OK, nice story for the kid...good season all things considered. But drafted? .... now you're sounding like someone in Ames. Long shot as some team might like him as a practice squad guy. But he'll never "stick" in the NFL.
We'll see. My guess is FA as well, but, like I said, I wouldn't be shocked if he was drafted, especially if he shows good measureables at the combine (assuming he gets an invite).

We'll see. My guess is FA as well, but, like I said, I wouldn't be shocked if he was drafted, especially if he shows good measureables at the combine (assuming he gets an invite).

Problem is, he's a man without a position. Versatile athlete and a good "team" guy, but not NFL linebacker material,

Latest posts