Iowa St. has new uniforms, again!

EstronHawkKing

Three sets, and one is black. Yeah, copy the Hawks again Ames High Cyclones!

Dhw4yvXUYAAGrX7.jpg

The clowns had a entire off season of jersey hype for this? A bare bones red and white? If you are going to change your image and logo this often at least do what the Ducks do and make it stand out. Also, WTF is with the black? The soup man is becoming so obsessed with Iowa that he is becoming Iowa.

No identity so what do you expect. These are like their 17th different unis in the last 25 years, It is a sign of a program with no identity, no history, no championships, few big wins.

They go crazy when they beat Iowa or Baylor which are not top ten teams in the long run. I live in Des Moines and it is amazing how many people throughout the year where their ISU garb but hawk people mainly wear theirs on game days. ISU fans where their garb to take out the garbage, get it?

What they're not wearing the turd brown uniforms or the Ronald McDonald unis'? Soupy and Pollard are marketing geniuses.
upload_2018-7-10_20-3-17.jpeg

We had a saying back in the old video production days when the national ad agencies gave us crap commercials to localize.

"You can't polish a turd"

No identity so what do you expect. These are like their 17th different unis in the last 25 years, It is a sign of a program with no identity, no history, no championships, few big wins.

They go crazy when they beat Iowa or Baylor which are not top ten teams in the long run. I live in Des Moines and it is amazing how many people throughout the year where their ISU garb but hawk people mainly wear theirs on game days. ISU fans where their garb to take out the garbage, get it?

Wait, what are they doing under there? Under where? Ha, ha I just made you say underwear :)

(Old joke from my childhood)

Last edited:
Most new coaches bring new uniforms. Its pretty standard. Also, you're saying the Hawks invented black uni's? Nearly every school has a black version. You guys are super obsessed over here.

The black uniform just shows what Campbell knows and that is there school colors are embarrassingly bad. There’s nothing they can do to spruce them up other than eliminate them slowly. First step, black uniforms.

God I’m glad that my team has an iconic, classy, understated, yet instantly recognizable logo that doesn’t need 6 colors or any of the following: block letters, cartoon characters, feathers, airbrush work, fake carbon fiber, or glitter.

Teams like Iowa, MSU, Michigan, Alabama, Notre Dame (their glitter is permitted because it’s one solid gold color), Syracuse, Texas, and so on—regardless of how good or bad they are—got their shit together design wise a long time ago. Keep it simple, stupid.

The black uniform just shows what Campbell knows and that is there school colors are embarrassingly bad. There’s nothing they can do to spruce them up other than eliminate them slowly. First step, black uniforms.

Campbell just loves black. He wears it all the time. He did the same at Toledo.

They look a lot like TCUs when they wear their black ones. I'm not a fan when schools try to get so far away from what their color scheme is. I mean for them to not have any of those Mcdonalds colors on it is just going completely away from what their identity is. Wonder how it's going over with their fans I suppose that's what matters.. I just laugh at them regardless

I know 1 thing for sure you'd never see Iowa with red uniforms. I guess when you've been god awful for as long as they have been you need to do something just to be able to get excited for football. Silly clowns.

Campbell just loves black. He wears it all the time. He did the same at Toledo.
I know you take a lot of shit here so I won’t get down on you too much, but why don’t you guys just pick a down to earth uniform with red and yellow (no white) that doesn’t copy USC’s and without without weird fonts. Put some understated yellow letters on a red helmet saying “STATE,” and call it good. Leave it for 40 years and then you’ll have you’re own “thing.” I hate ISU and even I could respect that.

Even if your team stinks people will at least identify with it. What good does it do to completely change your unis and mascot every year? Are you a tornado or are you a bird? Are your colors red & yellow? Red, white, yellow, and navy? Red, white, and gray? Black and white? It isn’t helping the team win and “energizing” the fans doesn’t work after a few iterations. It’s gotten comical enough that even your own fans are making fun of it.

Pick one logo, two colors, and stick with it for four or five decades. Trust me.

Because there is no historical success to make people be emotionally tied to them. The players like them and they like changing them. Apparently the plan is to change the combination of jersey/pants/helmet each game. No two games will have the same combo. I’m guessing that will be the brand. More than one consists look.

Latest posts