Iowa St. has new uniforms, again!

I've walked through Menards and other hardware stores and seen numerous colors and styles of toilets and the one thing in common they all flush crap down them!

Its must be recognized more than we think as I've been to Ga, N.C. and Florida and have people seen the tiger hawk on my cap and ask if I'm form Iowa or ask how the hawks are doing.

My wife is a native "non-Iowan" whom I've converted. Where ever we go, close go home or traveling... we always see the Tiger Hawk. "We're everywhere" has become our catch phrase.

Notre Dame, Michigan, Bama are huge National brands, but I'd suggest for the size of school and place we are in the "pecking order", there aren't many, if any, more recognizable logos than the Tiger Hawk and IOWA.

For the Clone fans in your life, just keep the Stanley to #6 in OT play and the James Daniels dancing in the stands after the game GIFS at the ready. They are a gift that keeps on giving.

Even more intriguing than the new uniforms is their new slogan, "The Process". I think it goes something like this:

Step 1. Go over 100 years without a conference championship.
Step 2. Repeat Step 1.
Step 3. Roll out some new uniforms to distract from Steps 1 and 2.
Step 4. Sell the rights to "The Process" to the local hog confinement facility.
Step 5. Use revenue to buy more new uniforms.
Step 6. Return to Step 1.

Seems the process involves losing to the Hawks on annual basis now.

Several years ago when I went to Wrigley for a baseball game there was always a huge Iowa logo flag hanging in a window just across the street from Wrigley. It seems wherever you go you will see the Tiger Hawk!

I was in Sheridan , WY recently (very small cowboy town in NW Wyoming, near the Montana border.) I wore my Iowa Tiger Hawk ball cap to a local establishment. Some local gave me props for the hat as he walked by me.

Wore my Iowa hat around in Germany, "I" on the front, little Tigerhawk on the back, I received comments all of the time....not from other Americans; Germans. One of the most recognized college brands in the world.

My wife is a native "non-Iowan" whom I've converted. Where ever we go, close go home or traveling... we always see the Tiger Hawk. "We're everywhere" has become our catch phrase.

Notre Dame, Michigan, Bama are huge National brands, but I'd suggest for the size of school and place we are in the "pecking order", there aren't many, if any, more recognizable logos than the Tiger Hawk and IOWA.

about 1X per year I'll come across someone with a tigerhawk here in NC

Three sets, and one is black. Yeah, copy the Hawks again Ames High Cyclones!

Dhw4yvXUYAAGrX7.jpg
Where's the red tie and stripes?
maxresdefault.jpg

How widely recognized is the tigerhawk logo (outside of the Big 10)?

Was walking down the street in Playa del Carmen, Mexico and was wearing a hat with a tigerhawk logo. Someone working at a shop yelled out, "Go Iowa" at me. I know, CSB, but I was surprised that even someone from Mexico knew us from our logo.

Latest posts