Iowa Offers Trevon Young

thejumper5

Rivals is reporting that Iowa has re-offered DE Trevon Young. Young is a 4-star at Iowa Western Community College. Originally from Des Moines Lincoln, Young was an Iowa commit in the '13 class before a pair of arrests led to his Iowa offer being revoked.

Reese Morgan was over there yesterday....must have extended the offer. He is committed to W. Michigan(which has a great class coming together...better than a few Big Ten teams) but I hope he wants to come back to Iowa.

didn't see that coming. wonder if he harbors any bad feelings towards Iowa like Coe did.

Reese Morgan was over there yesterday....must have extended the offer. He is committed to W. Michigan(which has a great class coming together...better than a few Big Ten teams) but I hope he wants to come back to Iowa.

Trevon committed to WMU back in the middle of Nov but dropped it 10 days later..

Been uncommitted for a couple weeks now.

Also heard Arkansas was in the house offering as well today.

Reese Morgan was over there yesterday....must have extended the offer. He was committed to W. Michigan(which has a great class coming together...better than a few Big Ten teams) but I hope he wants to come back to Iowa.

Changed it for ya. He decommitted ten days after committing and stating that is where he was going. I hope he can just find a place he is comfortable with and can stay out of trouble at. He could be a great player.

Kinda funny how we're the only COOL interest there. Even Arkansas who just offered is Medium.

Chuckled at that a bit.

Damn I totally read that wrong I thought he meant Iowa is "cool", damn play of words. I hope the clowns jump in the mix and get him like they did Coe, those two playing together with all the rage would beat us no problem. Batman and Robin if you will, Coe was absolutely nonexistent this year only because he didn't have his Robin yet.... Maybe more like Harry and Lloyd?

Hopefully he doesn't resent the fact that it took this long to offer, but I remember reading on another site that we were in contact with him the whole time.

Trevon committed to WMU back in the middle of Nov but dropped it 10 days later..

Been uncommitted for a couple weeks now.

Also heard Arkansas was in the house offering as well today.

Of course Arkansas made an offer.

If the coaching staff wants him, then I am onboard.

I think a bigger point is looking at how "right" the staff was on Trevon to begin with. If I remember right, he didn't have another major offer (including ISU). AFter one year of JUCO, here come other teams a knocking. This staff knows talent. I love the fact that when they see it, they offer, no matter if other schools are or not. They don't care if they are 2*, only have an offer from UNI or other FCS schools. If they like a kid, they go after him, other peoples opinions be d@mned. No staff is perfect at projecting talent, but this staff has a pretty freaking good track record of being right, way more often then being wrong.

The cool warm warmer thing is decided by others. The Iowa guy, Todd, doesn't mess with that much and says not to pay too much attention to it.

Latest posts