***Iowa @ NW Game thread***

KOK will never be a great coach but I think Ferentz has already proved that he is. Winning tradition with recruits that don't rival other top programs. Could Pete Carrol coach or just recruit to a dynasty school? There is no question Capt Kirk can coach.

How much more are we going to run against and 8-9 man front. We need to line up and force them out of that defense. O'Keefe is an idiot. This is our downfall. WE HAVE TO ESTABLISH THE RUN. SCREW THE RUN. Any deep crossing pattern is going to be wide open. Any double move is going to be wide open.

This is the same defense Arizona played against us...we need to consistently throw the ball deep...and across the middle.

I just don't get it.

How much more are we going to run against and 8-9 man front. We need to line up and force them out of that defense. O'Keefe is an idiot. This is our downfall. WE HAVE TO ESTABLISH THE RUN. SCREW THE RUN. Any deep crossing pattern is going to be wide open. Any double move is going to be wide open.

This is the same defense Arizona played against us...we need to consistently throw the ball deep...and across the middle.

I just don't get it.

Well Said!! How many years will Capt Kirk, fans, AD and amlumni allow this offense to continue?

Since most of you guys here think you're coaches....will be take the wind in the 3rd quarter or the 4th? I say we'll kick into the wind to start the second half.

Here's one of the most telling tidbits from the game so far. When asked how NW has so much success against Iowa recently he stated something similar to, "It's quite easy. We know exactly what they're going to do". Yep. Keep trying to establish the run when they're putting 8-9 guys in the box. That's a great idea.

I just don't get it.

Exactly right, but KF and KOK are too damn stubborn to start airing it out.

Everyone needs to step off the ledge. I'm as frustrated as the next guy, but we have another half of football. Did you guys watch any games last season? The defense is playing well, the offense will get it going.

Everyone needs to step off the ledge. I'm as frustrated as the next guy, but we have another half of football. Did you guys watch any games last season? The defense is playing well, the offense will get it going.

Yeah, what you said.

And you need to take responsibility for the suckitude of your posts. Geez, you're pathetic with your negatism and total lack of football aptitude.

Uh huh.

Clearly everyone else on this thread is pathetic too, then?

Or are we supposed to deny what our eyes have seen.

It doesn't matter who's calling the plays when the other team is in your backfield all the time. We have to block better if we're going to win. The footing and the wind haven't helped either.

That being said I've been a little frustrated by play calling.

Probably as long as it keeps guiding us to 10 win seasons and Jan 1st bowl games.

I will agree with the 10 win seasons, but it is about time to forget the January 1 bowls. This year the Big Ten has 5 of their 8 bowls on Jan 1st so that isn't quite the same accomplishment as it was 10 years ago.

Latest posts