Iowa Media HAS To Admit Now That...

If we have anybody transfer that gets significant minutes, it'll just be used as an excuse to give Fran more time to turn it around. You can take it to the bank.

When a player who gets significant minutes transfers, everyone rightfully blames the coach. It won't be an excuse. It will be another mark in the negative column for Fran. You can take that to the bank.

When a player who gets significant minutes transfers, everyone rightfully blames the coach. It won't be an excuse. It will be another mark in the negative column for Fran. You can take that to the bank.

I think most would welcome and applaud it now that it's painfully obvious we have a roster full of guys who shouldn't be playing D1 ball, let alone B1G ball.

This is easily the most unenjoyable season I've watched in 35 seasons of watching Hawkeye basketball. The Lick years sucked, sure, but you knew they were going to suck....so the disappointment level was somewhat tempered.

Sure, we've got a player in JBo that is on pace to set offensive records. Sure, we've got a player in Cook who can take over games inside. Etc, Etc. But this is a TEAM sport....and right now, this is the worst TEAM of my lifetime. Lick had the worst collection of players....but except for the last 6 or so games of his last season, his players played hard...they were just overmatched. This collection of players are vastly more talented basketball players than any collection of players Lick had....but they are the laziest, whiniest bunch of players I've seen on one team....ever.

I tried saying that after they went on their twitter butthurt fest over Connor not winning Mr. Iowa and most people on here thought I was the anti-christ.

Wasn't me....there's few things that make my blood boil more than arrogant, petulant, condescending rich kids standing on 3rd base thinking they hit a triple....

This is easily the most unenjoyable season I've watched in 35 seasons of watching Hawkeye basketball. The Lick years sucked, sure, but you knew they were going to suck....so the disappointment level was somewhat tempered.

Sure, we've got a player in JBo that is on pace to set offensive records. Sure, we've got a player in Cook who can take over games inside. Etc, Etc. But this is a TEAM sport....and right now, this is the worst TEAM of my lifetime. Lick had the worst collection of players....but except for the last 6 or so games of his last season, his players played hard...they were just overmatched. This collection of players are vastly more talented basketball players than any collection of players Lick had....but they are the laziest, whiniest bunch of players I've seen on one team....ever.

Couldn't agree more.

If we have anybody transfer that gets significant minutes, it'll just be used as an excuse to give Fran more time to turn it around. You can take it to the bank.
Even worse, if we win 5 Big Ten games instead of 3 this year and miss the NCAAs again, Hlas, Emmett, Morehouse, and Leistikow will write nothing but puff about how he’s turning it around and how we all need to wait it out. Because Baby Jesus is the best three point shooter in all the land and he’s so nice and so determined and so resilient if the face of all these horrible quadruple teams and his brother shoots hoops with him after tough losses for photo ops and goes to all his games against all odds and barf.

Couldn't agree more.

I don't know if I agree with "the laziest" players comment...I get your frustration but don't you think it can look like a lack of effort when you don't know what you're doing defensively ? Its more obvious at the high school level when a kid comes in and is trying but you can tell looks lost of the floor. I think they're just so poorly coached defensively it can look like a lack of effort.

Quit dogging on the kids and grow up. I get that this team is disappointing, but some of these remarks are uncalled for.
Then don’t read it. They knew what they signed up for when they joined the team.

You want to give me a free education or better yet pay back all the tuition I’ve spent in my life, you can call me a meth headed, cross eyed, mentally defective cripple who can’t even touch the rim (that parts even true). I’ll let you insult my dead mother and laugh about it. I don’t care what a bunch of internet people think.

This is anonymous entertainment and if you’re easily offended the internet isn’t your cup of tea.

Last edited:
I don't know if I agree with "the laziest" players comment...I get your frustration but don't you think it can look like a lack of effort when you don't know what you're doing defensively ? Its more obvious at the high school level when a kid comes in and is trying but you can tell looks lost of the floor. I think they're just so poorly coached defensively it can look like a lack of effort.

There's nothing technical to learn when you let a player blow right past you in transition. Nor is there anything technical defensively about hustling back on defense after a missed shot. Nor is there anything technical defensively about shutting off baseline. I understand what you're saying about knowing when to help and when to back off, when to hedge and when to go under the screen, etc....but the laziness I was talking about was just that....laziness.

Have you watched this team play?

Anyone see Dailey's reaction to his late turnover? The one where Kriener actually hustled back and gave him an and one. He threw the ball to the guy guarding Moss and instantly slunched over Bohannon style. What a terrible habit these players are getting.

I think they were physically putting out effort last night, especially at the end when they were trying to get back in it. The laziness seems more to be an intellectual laziness to practice fundamentals on the court, like boxing out, the importance of getting back on defense, playing team defense. It's almost like they had a sense of entitlement this year based on their self-perception that they were way better than they really were, and the failure to admit it to themselves.

I think they were physically putting out effort last night, especially at the end when they were trying to get back in it. The laziness seems more to be an intellectual laziness to practice fundamentals on the court, like boxing out, the importance of getting back on defense, playing team defense. It's almost like they had a sense of entitlement this year based on their self-perception that they were way better than they really were, and the failure to admit it to themselves.

Generally agree. I know I would make it very clear to Jordan that after HIS shitty passes are stolen going the other way he better hustle his ass back on defense or his ass will he planted on the bench for the remainder of the game. I'm not even a player or coach and I'm beyond tired of his shitty effort (if any) while the guy heads down for an ESPN highlight dunk. And I'd tell all of them to quit being such pussies. Kreiner shouldve at least shoved that punk ass you stared him down and bodied him up out of bounds for what seemed like forever. Show some balls.

Generally agree. I know I would make it very clear to Jordan that after HIS shitty passes are stolen going the other way he better hustle his ass back on defense or his ass will he planted on the bench for the remainder of the game. I'm not even a player or coach and I'm beyond tired of his shitty effort (if any) while the guy heads down for an ESPN highlight dunk. And I'd tell all of them to quit being such pussies. Kreiner shouldve at least shoved that punk ass you stared him down and bodied him up out of bounds for what seemed like forever. Show some balls.

I can count on one hand the number of times that I've seen guards make no look bounce passes to the wings....and almost all are turnovers, Bohannon does it multiple times in EVERY game.....all turnovers.

Latest posts