Iowa Media HAS To Admit Now That...

These attacks on players by you and others on this thread are entirely out of bounds. You can hate Fran, you can hate Barta, but this crap you guys are spewing about the players is cowardly. You are cowards. Period.
You're absolutely right. People attacking kids is uncalled for. But at least the chances of those kids reading the remarks are slim. You directly calling people names is equally offensive. You should take a break from posting around here. I'm calling on the moderators to intervene and give Huck a well earned "rest" from posting. Sorry Huck.
Edit: Before you get in a bunch, I'm joking.

Last edited:
That's why I was hoping this baseball season went really well for him so he'd skip on basketball. Apparently, he's redshirting in hardball as well.
I was holding out hope all along that Connor would stick with the baseball thing. I think the basketball thing is bound to end poorly. In my opinion he’s a mid major basketball player at best. Hope he proves me wrong.

You're absolutely right. People attacking kids is uncalled for. But at least the chances of those kids reading the remarks are slim. You directly calling people names is equally offensive. You should take a break from posting around here. I'm calling on the moderators to intervene and give Huck a well earned "rest" from posting. Sorry Huck.
Edit: Before you get in a bunch, I'm joking.
He’s never un-bunched.

I just saw over on the pay board that @HuckFinn has officially called for us to be banned. He started a post to the mods asking for our ouster, specifically calling out page 4 of this thread.

Which would include me,

@SheagleHawk
@tksirius
@PCHawk
@SpiderRico
@lightning1
@Drillsgtscott
@Hawk5656
@Hawk90

Sorry guys. I’ll miss you. Seriously, it was fun.

Lol is this for real? What a sad, pathetic little person if so. Hopefully I don't get a call from his mommy too.

Lol is this for real? What a sad, pathetic little person if so. Hopefully I don't get a call from his mommy too.
Here ya go...
Please, Jon, Rob, go to the 4th page of the thread regarding the media and read the comments made by some of the people I call "the usual suspects." This is a new low for posters and these guys should be gone. Now. I make this request respectfully, butfirmly. Thank you for listening.

I don’t know what a “butfirmly” is, but it’s apparently serious.

giphy.gif

So Huck, what's your take on the season? Are you satisfied with the results? Have you noticed any areas where improvement might be in order?

I am a season ticket holder for lots of years through a lot of coaches, beginning with Ralph Miller. This has been, for me, one of the most frustrating seasons I have experienced. If Fran cannot turn this around with the kids he has on board now and in the near future, I would hope he would resign, or if necessary, be fired. Our offense can be pretty impressive, which shows me that he has a lot of good athletes on this team. The fact that our defense is beyond terrible rests on his shoulders, for that very reason. If they were bad on both ends of the floor, I would simply admit that we don't have the talent necessary to be competitive in the BT. So be it. Still falls on Fran's shoulders.

You can check my posts over time. I enjoy discourse about the strengths and weaknesses of both our football and basketball programs. I enjoy learning from other posters who seem to have more technical knowledge of these sports than I do. What I will not do is make blatantly insulting unsubstantiated statements about the athletes. If you read the posts of the people I have "called out" as they profess, they consistently bash the programs and consistently hijack threads to spew their venom against coaches, administrators, and sadly, athletes. Apparently they think their constant negative attacks are fun or even worse, believe they will have an impact on anything by repeating the same tired arguments.

Here ya go...

I don’t know what a “butfirmly” is, but it’s apparently serious.

I think the funniest thing about this whole thread is that I got your attention enough to have you post 9 replies to my criticism of your nonsense.

Latest posts