Iowa @ Iowa State (Basketball)

Forward: So Gabriel Olaseni has been "productive" but Percy Gibson just goes unmentioned and is trash? Olaseni averaged 2.7 ppg on 10.7 mpg compared to Gibson's 4.5 ppg on 12.1 mpg?

Guard: Oglesby averaged 4.5 ppg on maybe one of the worst three point shooting percentages in the country and he is just PURE PRODUCTION. Meanwhile a solid backup point guard Bubu Palo is just trash and doesn't deserve a mention for being productive at all. Ok I see.

I guess your definition of productive is just being on the court because your team downright does not have any better options. Yeah Penn State and Nebraska had "productive" players all over the court this year. If these recruits Fran is bringing in are so productive why have you yet to finish in the top half of the Big Ten under his watch?

I am now dumber for reading your post please just don't even reply to anything I write if you put this kind of crap out there! Just flat out horrible.

Hey DA, Fran has chosen to build through recruiting freshman to not have a high turnover on his roster year in and year out. He wants stability, if you look at his assistant coaches it is not even a surprise that he chose to build Iowa in this fashion again as even the assistants have been long tenured where they have been before Iowa and won building programs from the ground up.

Hoiturd has a plan and has executed it to this point and I applaud the 'Clods getting into the tournament by playing in such a rugged conference right now. Go ahead and take your shots at Nebby and PSU, but West Virginia, TCU aren't much better than those two programs if they even are.

I have yet to see anyone say ISU doesn't have productive players, but keep in mind their most productive players from last season are gone and there is no Royce White, Will Clyburn, Chris Allen, Chris Babb or Korey Loucious waiting in the wings that is going to become eligible this season. Loucious was nothing to begin with so his loss is not critical, but understand the point we here are trying to make.

Yes, we understand that Haiburg has had roster turnover in the past, we get that as you have probably seen multiple posts here making fun of how many players Howburk brings in as transfers every year...not sure why it is a topic when it has worked for him. I can see a 'Clod drop this year as I just don't see guys becoming eligible that were sitting out as a transfer who will be ready to be the main cog in the 'Clod machine. The other thing is you have one proven guy, that is it (Niang) coming back and as good as he is, he won't beat Iowa by himself. There are many questions surrounding ISU this year because of the fact that there is no White/Clyburn type waiting in the wings.

I get that you are prowd of your 'Clods and all that, but your arguments are more of a wait-and-see approach right now because a lot of these great players who are replacing proven talents have not played a single minute in D1 basketball as of this moment. Also, don't expect Thomas to be Stauskas this season and I still really believe Morris is going to struggle majorly in college as a freshman. Also I like how you point out two bench guys that weren't even in the top 7 for Iowa...nice try.

Hey DA, Fran has chosen to build through recruiting freshman to not have a high turnover on his roster year in and year out. He wants stability, if you look at his assistant coaches it is not even a surprise that he chose to build Iowa in this fashion again as even the assistants have been long tenured where they have been before Iowa and won building programs from the ground up.

Hoiturd has a plan and has executed it to this point and I applaud the 'Clods getting into the tournament by playing in such a rugged conference right now. Go ahead and take your shots at Nebby and PSU, but West Virginia, TCU aren't much better than those two programs if they even are.

I have yet to see anyone say ISU doesn't have productive players, but keep in mind their most productive players from last season are gone and there is no Royce White, Will Clyburn, Chris Allen, Chris Babb or Korey Loucious waiting in the wings that is going to become eligible this season. Loucious was nothing to begin with so his loss is not critical, but understand the point we here are trying to make.

Yes, we understand that Haiburg has had roster turnover in the past, we get that as you have probably seen multiple posts here making fun of how many players Howburk brings in as transfers every year...not sure why it is a topic when it has worked for him. I can see a 'Clod drop this year as I just don't see guys becoming eligible that were sitting out as a transfer who will be ready to be the main cog in the 'Clod machine. The other thing is you have one proven guy, that is it (Niang) coming back and as good as he is, he won't beat Iowa by himself. There are many questions surrounding ISU this year because of the fact that there is no White/Clyburn type waiting in the wings.

I get that you are prowd of your 'Clods and all that, but your arguments are more of a wait-and-see approach right now because a lot of these great players who are replacing proven talents have not played a single minute in D1 basketball as of this moment. Also, don't expect Thomas to be Stauskas this season and I still really believe Morris is going to struggle majorly in college as a freshman. Also I like how you point out two bench guys that weren't even in the top 7 for Iowa...nice try.

Great post, but I think you forget who you are talking to. Forevertroll is the one who said that Niang will avg. 18-20 PPG this year, and he will certainly beat Iowa all by himself.

I am just trying to figure out how a team that lost almost all of their main players from the previous year thinks they will automatically beat a team that returns pretty much everyone. Especially when they lost in the previous year. My wife is a cyclone and even she isn't diluted. I think it should be a close game as it is in Hilton and Fred has been a better coach than I thought he would be but Iowa has the upper hand because of the returning players.

I will say this. If you speak to somebody from either fanbase and they think their team is going to automatically win then I advise you to ignore them entirely. It will be a very good game.

Using the words Hoiturd and Clod puts your post into perspective. Thank you.

ISU has 1 proven guy? Drugs are fun.

Ejim will be the most athletic player on the court in this game, he looked good against White at the WUG today. We won't be able to stop Niang, they most likely won't be able to stop Marble. I think this game comes down to who shoots better from 3, both teams are going to be relying on unproven or previously inconsistent shooters.

It should be an exciting game!

I have to disagree. I am pretty confident Niang hit his ceiling last year much like Woodbury and Gesell. Ejim is likely to take a step back from his previous production due to their personnel losses. Please check all sarcasm detectors to ensure they are in proper working order. Thanks!

Last edited:
I am just trying to figure out how a team that lost almost all of their main players from the previous year thinks they will automatically beat a team that returns pretty much everyone. Especially when they lost in the previous year. My wife is a cyclone and even she isn't diluted. I think it should be a close game as it is in Hilton and Fred has been a better coach than I thought he would be but Iowa has the upper hand because of the returning players.

Don't you know, homey? It is Hilton Magic, baby......It is back, the best atmosphere in college basketball, even the Miami Heat couldn't win at Hilton.

Using the words Hoiturd and Clod puts your post into perspective. Thank you.

ISU has 1 proven guy? Drugs are fun.

Not sure what perspective you are thinking. I have used those names just to torment my 'Clod buddies.

I did forget Ejim, not sure how I did. The point is where am I wrong. 'Clods have how many returnees in their top 10 players? You can call Gibson/Palo proven, bit they aren't going to put up bigger numbers than previous seasons. Outside of the two...where are the proven commodities?

I have never done drugs in my life...thank you.

Not sure what perspective you are thinking. I have used those names just to torment my 'Clod buddies.

I did forget Ejim, not sure how I did. The point is where am I wrong. 'Clods have how many returnees in their top 10 players? You can call Gibson/Palo proven, bit they aren't going to put up bigger numbers than previous seasons. Outside of the two...where are the proven commodities?

I have never done drugs in my life...thank you.

Just so we are clear, from this thread i learned it is ridiculous to assume iowas players have peaked (true) and Iowa State's players have peaked (false). Seems like another example of complaining about ridiculous stuff on CF then doing the same thing over here.

Just so we are clear, from this thread i learned it is ridiculous to assume iowas players have peaked (true) and Iowa State's players have peaked (false). Seems like another example of complaining about ridiculous stuff on CF then doing the same thing over here.

I have learned the opposite...depends on perspective. I have learned FI is not the most intelligent and gives the good 'Clod posters here a bad name.

It is totally impossible for you to get dumber.

Please explain to me how productive Morris, Thomas, Walker, and Cluster have been for the Cyclones? That is 4 of the 5 AWESOME players you listed that prove that Freddie Boy recruits better. If you want though, throw in Gibson as an actual FR recruited by Fran that has actually contributed to the team. Even with him, Freddie is a loooooooong way behind Fran on FR talent brought in and producing up to this point. Don't forget those "unproductive" Iowa players kicked Freddy Boys Arse last year.

Yes, you are right. Fran is the better coach. He is 1-2 vs. Hoiberg and the game is at Hilton this year. Likely a win for ISU. Fran is 0/3 in making the NCAA tournament. Fred is 2/3. Fran has zero NCAA tournament experience under his belt while at Iowa while Fred faced national powerhouses UCONN, Kentucky, Notre Dame and Ohio State. Fred just recruited a top 25 class while Fran recruited Jok who had offers from Iowa and DRAKE. That is it. No one else. You sir are right though man Fran has it ROLLLLLLLLING! Laughable to compare the state of the two programs.

Yes, you are right. Fran is the better coach. He is 1-2 vs. Hoiberg and the game is at Hilton this year. Likely a win for ISU. Fran is 0/3 in making the NCAA tournament. Fred is 2/3. Fran has zero NCAA tournament experience under his belt while at Iowa while Fred faced national powerhouses UCONN, Kentucky, Notre Dame and Ohio State. Fred just recruited a top 25 class while Fran recruited Jok who had offers from Iowa and DRAKE. That is it. No one else. You sir are right though man Fran has it ROLLLLLLLLING! Laughable to compare the state of the two programs.

You really are a bad troll, you know that?

Sez the math challenged genius that doesn't realize that finishing sixth in a twelve team conference is finishing in the top half.

7 Big Ten teams made the tournament...did they not? Last time I checked Iowa did not. They have not under Fran. So my math puts them at 8/12 in the Big Ten that is all that matters. A chance to play for all the marbles. Iowa played the bottom feeders of the Big Ten much like football and still failed to make a bowl game or make the NCAA tournament. Just sad. Easiest schedule possible within their conference and still couldn't do any damage. Sad.

I am assuming only 1% of the posters on here actually have a U of Iowa degree. Clearly. Wow though buddy lay off the drugs this is embarrassing.

7 Big Ten teams made the tournament...did they not? Last time I checked Iowa did not. They have not under Fran. So my math puts them at 8/12 in the Big Ten that is all that matters. A chance to play for all the marbles. Iowa played the bottom feeders of the Big Ten much like football and still failed to make a bowl game or make the NCAA tournament. Just sad. Easiest schedule possible within their conference and still couldn't do any damage. Sad.

What is sad is that you think Iowa had an easy conference slate...it isn't worth trying to explain to you how many 6-seeds or higher they faced in conference play. Don't compare the B12 with the B10 either if you want to talk about easy conference slates...you have zero clue don't you.
The fifth place team in the B10 knocked off the best team in the B12 in the NCAA tournament, but that doesn't matter when talking about conference schedules.

I am assuming only 1% of the posters on here actually have a U of Iowa degree. Clearly. Wow though buddy lay off the drugs this is embarrassing.

With that weak retort, it is obvious you can't take anything in there and contest..."lay off the drugs" is that a common defense mechanism of 'Clod fans?

If Iowa wins in Magic Hilton will you agree to a permanent ban?

DERP. Wanna bet on Niang averaging 18-20 PPG?

unsuccessfulu-troll-is-unsuccessful.jpg

Basketball rivalries I must say get pushed to the back of my mind after the verdict tonight. The fact that a 29 year old AMRMED MAN can follow a 17 year old UNARMNED BOY...I repeat UNARMED BOY. BOY. BOY. a grown, armed MAN can follow a BOY home in the dark and insert fear into the boy and shoot him dead is just absolutely ridiculous! I must say what a very sad night for the country. Can't even imagine this would have been a case had the races been reversed. Sad sad night.

Latest posts