Iowa @ Iowa State (Basketball)

I was talking about the crapola on the ISU forum. They are so full of bullsh1t, they believe their own bullsh!t

I still think we don't know much about this Iowa team yet except they can beat up on really really bad teams. They should have at least scheduled somebody decent before the Atlantis tournament. The level of competition jumps up dramatically.
Iowa State looks a lot better than I thought this early. I figured it would take them awhile.

I still think we don't know much about this Iowa team yet except they can beat up on really really bad teams. They should have at least scheduled somebody decent before the Atlantis tournament. The level of competition jumps up dramatically.
Iowa State looks a lot better than I thought this early. I figured it would take them awhile.

You realize unlike ISU that we return almost our entire roster from last year right? Your post sounds like none of our guys have faced any competiton and we have no idea what we have.

I think we can judge a lot from last year and we competeted with some pretty tough teams last year in conference play.

Sure maybe a tougher test would have been nice prior to Atlantis but this isn't the team's first go round. We are quite expreienced considering we are starting 2 sophs.

I think all this does is confirm that we'd still be NIT runner-ups. The level of competition in non-con has been ABYSMAL and so I don't see how you can say we're better...yet. Play some good teams and then we'll know more. For crying out loud, the guys scored less in PTL this summer than they are now. I just hope that we aren't so 'dulled' by the lackluster competition that we fall on our face against Xavier or any other team in the Atlantis weekend.

I think Iowa is better than last year but at this point there is nothing but assumption to back up that assessment. I assumed ISU would be worse this year and so far that seems incorrect. We will know more about iowa soon but for now it's pure assumption based on last year.

The level of competition in non-con has been ABYSMAL and so I don't see how you can say we're better...yet. I just hope that we aren't so 'dulled' by the lackluster competition that we fall on our face against Xavier or any other team in the Atlantis weekend.

We tried to play road games at Duke, at Arizona and at Oklahoma State in a 4 day period to open the season...make things a little tougher on the team and show Jok and Uthoff just how hard it can be. None of them wanted to play us so we had to play the teams we could get.

Latest posts