Iowa Football Investigation Discussion

I heard a guy on a sort of obscure podcast interview Tyler Goodson's Mom, Felicia. Contrary to what many may have thought, they really had no idea any of it was going on, and when they asked Tyler, he was perplexed, as well. I think she said something like, "Kirk Ferentz doesn't have a racist bone in his body".

She seems very cool, and the non-profit they are starting could be a game-changer for college and pro sports in terms of race, team culture and willingness to listen and reach out.

When 99% of everything you post is negative or nothing filled with nothing but hatred that to me is a disease!

The current situation is a serious subject and few are ambivalent. Sorry you are an enabler. Blame the real culprit. KF brought this on himself. No one else.

I heard a guy on a sort of obscure podcast interview Tyler Goodson's Mom, Felicia. Contrary to what many may have thought, they really had no idea any of it was going on, and when they asked Tyler, he was perplexed, as well. I think she said something like, "Kirk Ferentz doesn't have a racist bone in his body".

She seems very cool, and the non-profit they are starting could be a game-changer for college and pro sports in terms of race, team culture and willingness to listen and reach out.

And you expect a soph starter to be different? Why do police when called on domestic dispute calls not just ask the wife if she s ok?

And you expect a soph starter to be different? Why do police when called on domestic dispute calls not just ask the wife if she s ok?

And if the wife's mother is there she's also going to keep quiet and let things continue?

The kid could go anywhere and play...immediately at whole lot of schools. So you think his mom is going to tell him to keep quiet, suck it up, and grit his teeth for the next 3 years? I don't think so.

And if the wife's mother is there she's also going to keep quiet and let things continue?

The kid could go anywhere and play...immediately at whole lot of schools. So you think his mom is going to tell him to keep quiet, suck it up, and grit his teeth for the next 3 years? I don't think so.

Disagree

Too many pretend Hawkeye fans on here. Ricki Stanzi...Love it or leave it! If you aren't cheering for the Hawks always become a Cyclone. When I watch a baseball game I'm not cheering against the 2nd baseman because I don't like him, I'm still cheering for him because he can help us win. ZomboMeme 04082019220843.jpg

The current situation is a serious subject and few are ambivalent. Sorry you are an enabler. Blame the real culprit. KF brought this on himself. No one else.

The racist remarks by Chris Doyle were not common knowledge prior to the current accusations, nor have I seen any word of it in the past. None. Calling people enablers about something there was no public knowledge is straight up bullshit.

The racist remarks by Chris Doyle were not common knowledge prior to the current accusations, nor have I seen any word of it in the past. None. Calling people enablers about something there was no public knowledge is straight up bullshit.

Poor Black Grades.+ Poor graduation + extra drug testing + extra meetings + ignoring reports (note I left out racist comments) = Bullshit. If you don't see that you are an enabler.

Too many pretend Hawkeye fans on here. Ricki Stanzi...Love it or leave it! If you aren't cheering for the Hawks always become a Cyclone. When I watch a baseball game I'm not cheering against the 2nd baseman because I don't like him, I'm still cheering for him because he can help us win. View attachment 6860

Since when was being a KF or BF or Barta fan the same as being a Hawk fan? Why would I cheer for someone being abusive and controlling?

Hawkeye message board run by Cyclone fan or ice dancing aficionado

For myself I wanted to major in ag. I went out of state for obvious reasons. Why does a true Hawk fan want to see Iowa known as being institutionally racist? Do you ever stand up for anything beyond your comfort?

What's the context here? It seems the tweet DK linked isn't viewable.
JK retweeted some video/picture, captioned "theres no crying in football. These guys are babies". It may have been in jest, but idk.

JK has since made his tweets protected (which isn't a terrible idea to begin with, as mine are as well). Could be a response to Drake/Iowa fan backlash, could be nothing.

For myself I wanted to major in ag. I went out of state for obvious reasons. Why does a true Hawk fan want to see Iowa known as being institutionally racist? Do you ever stand up for anything beyond your comfort?
At this point, we know that athletes were concerned that there was institutional racial bias in the program. They are happy with the actions that the university is taking/has taken and it is now time to heal and continue forward. Everything else is unnecessary. The "stand up and fight" is occurring. The persons adversely affected by the bias have spoken and policy is being enacted to ensure future expectations are met. Confusing racism and a cultural bias is dangerous. While both must be addressed, one is intentional, the other must be corrected through education and thoughtfulness. To turn all cultural bias into criminal intent is dangerous. Some might call it a witch hunt or an agenda. Others might call it cancel culture. The affected have spoken and appear to be satisfied with the changes. If they are, shouldnt you be?

At this point, we know that athletes were concerned that there was institutional racial bias in the program. They are happy with the actions that the university is taking/has taken and it is now time to heal and continue forward. Everything else is unnecessary. The "stand up and fight" is occurring. The persons adversely affected by the bias have spoken and policy is being enacted to ensure future expectations are met. Confusing racism and a cultural bias is dangerous. While both must be addressed, one is intentional, the other must be corrected through education and thoughtfulness. To turn all cultural bias into criminal intent is dangerous. Some might call it a witch hunt or an agenda. Others might call it cancel culture. The affected have spoken and appear to be satisfied with the changes. If they are, shouldnt you be?

What is dangerous is assuming current players public response is accurate. It's abuse. Think Patty Hearst. Learn human behavior. How many times did you say..... Glad he s gone to transfers. Did you assume the higher black numbers were...blacks not in tune with the system?

Latest posts