Iowa Football Investigation Discussion

Why in the hell would you imply that I would stand against the termination of the OSU assistant, or firing Urban, or firing Paterno, or Doyle? There you go again, going for the jugular without logic.
The “system” did not cause rhabdo; a badly applied physical test by Doyle did. Remember that there were multiple stories across the country about the same issue at other Universities.
No. I am not excusing Doyle, so don’t go there.
KF covered a rape? Really? I would love to see you document this. You better be right if you are going to make such an accusation. This is way out of bounds.
Your hatred of KF is well documented by your many posts. That is fair game. As to your comment that I don’t understand the seriousness of the current issue, you could not be more wrong. I am, however, not required to agree with your outcry for KF’s head.
Again, I question your credibility.

KF covered a rape? Really? I would love to see you document this. You better be right if you are going to make such an accusation. This is way out of bounds.
I had the same argument with him a while back, and even provided evidence that KF not only didn't cover it up, but that the player was suspended immediately (and later kicked off the team) and the athletic department and the university followed the rules and methods of investigating pretty much to a T.

And in typical HawkGold fashion, he stuck his fingers in his ears and said he "just knew" it was the way he claimed.

Why in the hell would you imply that I would stand against the termination of the OSU assistant, or firing Urban, or firing Paterno, or Doyle? There you go again, going for the jugular without logic.
The “system” did not cause rhabdo; a badly applied physical test by Doyle did. Remember that there were multiple stories across the country about the same issue at other Universities.
Your hatred of KF is well documented by your many posts. That is fair game. As to your comment that I don’t understand the seriousness of the current issue, you could not be more wrong. I am, however, not required to agree with your outcry for KF’s head.

You are welcome to question me. But you won't question KF. Nicely done. The Rhabdo incident was far more serious that you can to admit. You also clearly don't understand abuse, abuse of power and racial issues.

I had the same argument with him a while back, and even provided evidence that KF not only didn't cover it up, but that the player was suspended immediately (and later kicked off the team) and the athletic department and the university followed the rules and methods of investigating pretty much to a T.

And in typical HawkGold fashion, he stuck his fingers in his ears and said he "just knew" it was the way he claimed.

You take the party line on it. There was a report early on that disappeared that evidence was cleaned from the room. It was done in an ear when it could be done.

Regardless it's time to move on.

Thanks. Did not know that.

You are welcome to question me. But you won't question KF. Nicely done. The Rhabdo incident was far more serious that you can to admit. You also clearly don't understand abuse, abuse of power and racial issues.

For you to say I don’t understand abuse, abuse of power, and racial issues is so far off the mark that I can’t imagine you would make a statement like that. I did not just fall off the turnip truck, Gold. Try spending 40 years as a public school educator at a variety of levels, then make your judgment. I saw things and dealt with people that would curl your hair. You are out of your league on this one, way out.
But you just keep doing it. Not question KF? How many times do I have to say, “KF took responsibility for his actions, which had impacted negatively on players of color.” He admitted that. I posted that. I have been clear. I agreed that Doyle should go. I have been fighting bullying in a different ring for decades. And, I am fully thankful that a thorough investigation is under way.
Thank you for giving me permission to question you. I apologize for not asking sooner. Good grief.

You take the party line on it. There was a report early on that disappeared that evidence was cleaned from the room. It was done in an ear when it could be done.

Regardless it's time to move on.

The reason you want to move on is that you have no documentation. Cheap shot. We get it. You hate KF.

For you to say I don’t understand abuse, abuse of power, and racial issues is so far off the mark that I can’t imagine you would make a statement like that. I did not just fall off the turnip truck, Gold. Try spending 40 years as a public school educator at a variety of levels, then make your judgment. I saw things and dealt with people that would curl your hair. You are out of your league on this one, way out.
But you just keep doing it. Not question KF? How many times do I have to say, “KF took responsibility for his actions, which had impacted negatively on players of color.” He admitted that. I posted that. I have been clear. I agreed that Doyle should go. I have been fighting bullying in a different ring for decades. And, I am fully thankful that a thorough investigation is under way.
Thank you for giving me permission to question you. I apologize for not asking sooner. Good grief.

Charlie Brown?

Doyle is zero wo KF. Doyle Award?

The reason you want to move on is that you have no documentation. Cheap shot. We get it. You hate KF.

Dude just stop. Doyle Award, Doyle Award Doyle Award Doyle Award

Not the work of a humble person who made a simple mistake. Doyle Award Dolyle Award Doyle Award. Couple that w other stuff. Doyle Award.

If you can dismiss that with a clear conscience ....glad you re retired from teaching.

Dude just stop. Doyle Award, Doyle Award Doyle Award Doyle Award

Not the work of a humble person who made a simple mistake. Doyle Award Dolyle Award Doyle Award. Couple that w other stuff. Doyle Award.

If you can dismiss that with a clear conscience ....glad you re retired from teaching.
Bye

I believe HawkGold is referring to the Everson & Satterfield cases. If I am remembering right (it's been a while) the mother of the victim contacted the staff office either right around the time it was reported to police or shortly afterword. Members of the staff (possibly Kirk himself talked to her). Staff members talking to outsiders about legal maters is a giant no no, regardless of intent. It was a break with protocol. There was an investigation by the legal department. No one found an intent to deceive the family member, delay the reporting of a crime, or attempt to influence.

The staff members needed to understand that all communication with outsiders, when is a possible legal issue, goes through the lawyers in the legal department. They have been strict about adhering to this since.

If I missed any details, I apologize. It's been 15 years.

I believe HawkGold is referring to the Everson & Satterfield cases. If I am remembering right (it's been a while) the mother of the victim contacted the staff office either right around the time it was reported to police or shortly afterword. Members of the staff (possibly Kirk himself talked to her). Staff members talking to outsiders about legal maters is a giant no no, regardless of intent. It was a break with protocol. There was an investigation by the legal department. No one found an intent to deceive the family member, delay the reporting of a crime, or attempt to influence.

The staff members needed to understand that all communication with outsiders, when is a possible legal issue, goes through the lawyers in the legal department. They have been strict about adhering to this since.

Thanks. I recall this mess, though not details. There were some bad actors in that recruiting class. I think KF and his staff got pretty gun shy after that year and really zeroed in on family and character of recruits following. I am aware of The fact that legal matters are to be handled as you describe, so I understand. Appreciate the clarification.

That is it and thank you. At that time it was a wink wink no no. Any adult of any leadership would know that. Times have changed.

At a minimum the coach who posted Kallenbergers GPA on a white board in the team meeting room should be gone. That is a HUGE no-no in education. There are federal laws involved there. Educators have to watch videos before every school year about confidentiality.

That is akin to a doctor talking publicly about a patients records.

That is it and thank you. At that time it was a wink wink no no. Any adult of any leadership would know that. Times have changed.

Quite frankly I don't remember the Iowa athletic department being much behind the learning curve and implementation on department legal policy. I would say most athletic departments had yet to put a full barrier between the public and staff when legal concerns came up. It wasn't a mater of the athletic department trying to take care of an issue in house without the police and public knowing, or to persuade the victim or victim's family not to take legal issue.

There was a day not so long ago when the leaders of an organization were expected to be the public face when something happened and make themselves available to talk to. That's a bad idea for the staff, the organization, and the public. A coach should never be in a decision making capacity on any legal matter or be a public contact on any legal matter either from the time the issue comes up to the end.

At a minimum the coach who posted Kallenbergers GPA on a white board in the team meeting room should be gone. That is a HUGE no-no in education. There are federal laws involved there. Educators have to watch videos before every school year about confidentiality.

That is akin to a doctor talking publicly about a patients records.

Right you are. No excuse for his actions. Bye bye.

Agreed. It was a different time and there were reports of evidence tampering.

Though the handling was pretty standard, Iowa should have been more stand up.

Latest posts