Iowa Basketball Recruiting Violation

It isn't going to be a big penalty in the overall aspect but immediate impact is going to hurt because Fran is not going to be able to recruit Marcus Paige any longer. I also believe Woodbury was there as well. And Coach Bluder brought Kiah Stokes as well.

Apparently playing a pick-up game with Michael Jordan at UNC is OK (Harrison Barnes) but recruits can't talk with B-list movie celebrities.

Seems like a strange rule to me. I don't understand why a player can't meet an alumni. It's not like pretty much every school has one. Oh well though, if it's against the rules you have to be careful not to break it. It doesn't sound like a huge deal that will punish us too much.

Fran is not going to be able to recruit Marcus Paige any longer..

I don't think that's the case.

"Abbott said he did not believe the violations would preclude the Hawkeyes and new coach Fran McCaffery from continuing to recruit either player.

I don't think that's the case.

"Abbott said he did not believe the violations would preclude the Hawkeyes and new coach Fran McCaffery from continuing to recruit either player.

Even if the NCAA said Fran couldn't I don't think he would stop. He is a dirty cheater after all.

There will be no penalty as a result. I thought I read that the NCAA brought this to UI via a previous news article? Either way it's a waste of print in the Rag.

Not that it would affect any outcome but I didn't get a clear impression that this was "self reported" by Iowa even though that is the ESPN headline. Almost sounds like this news appeared in some other local media or source which caused the NCAA to launch a letter to Iowa four days after these appeared. Several references about Iowa responding to the NCAA letter.

When it comes to the NCAA I would not try to predict any outcome. Rules are rules whether we like them or not. It's all bad timing for the program regardless of the degree of seriousness this represents to the NCAA.

U of I makes it perfectly clear at the beginning of each year as to the rules of recruiting and the do's and dont's. If this was someone employed by the U of I that played a part in making this happen then it was really dumb in my opinion.

So wait now you can't introduce recruits to alums?

So say Auburn can't introduce any of their recruits to Bo Jackson per say?

I don't get it he is a freeking Alumni...what is the big flipping deal here?

So wait now you can't introduce recruits to alums?

So say Auburn can't introduce any of their recruits to Bo Jackson per say?

I don't get it he is a freeking Alumni...what is the big flipping deal here?

How about Michigan State and Magic Johnson?

So why wasn't it a violation when #1 recruit in the nation Harrison Barnes met MJ on his visit to NC?? Isn't this a common practice at BCS schools??

So why wasn't it a violation when #1 recruit in the nation Harrison Barnes met MJ on his visit to NC?? Isn't this a common practice at BCS schools??

Or how about any recruit going to USC and meeting Will Ferrell or Snoop Dog? This is kinda silly if you ask me.

Latest posts