Iowa Basketball Recruiting Violation

In my opinion, it's a non-issue. It will be a secondary violation at worst. This stuff happens all the time and rarely ever gets reported. Iowa is just being diligent in its reporting of possible violations. Par for the course.

In response to violations the University Of Iowa has Banned itself from post season play for the 2010-2011 season...also any post season awards from the 2009-2010 season will be returned.

So wait now you can't introduce recruits to alums?

So say Auburn can't introduce any of their recruits to Bo Jackson per say?

I don't get it he is a freeking Alumni...what is the big flipping deal here?

well, considering ashton kutcher is a dropout, I don't think he can be referred to as an "alum".

the big deal is that he is a celebrity. one who it could be assumed was acting in the interest of the university by taking pictures with and talking with recruits.

also, this was an unofficial visit, so the rules are different than if these two were on an official visit.

is this a huge deal, no. but the fact of the matter is that there are strict rules in place regarding basketball recruitment and this was in violation of those. now sit back and take that slap on the wrist like a man!

In my opinion, it's a non-issue. It will be a secondary violation at worst. This stuff happens all the time and rarely ever gets reported. Iowa is just being diligent in its reporting of possible violations. Par for the course.

please.

the only reason this was reported is because the university knew it's hands were tied and that the NCAA was going to find out about it. don't try to say this has anything to do with integrity

Go home Crabs.

Also, don't former players play in the PTL? Whats the deal with Dean Oliver being mentioned?

Go home Crabs.

Also, don't former players play in the PTL? Whats the deal with Dean Oliver being mentioned?

I'll go home if ISU doesn't win 7 games, like it says in my sig.

I think you're starting to get a little concerned. I can smell the fear!!

I'll go home if ISU doesn't win 7 games, like it says in my sig.

I think you're starting to get a little concerned. I can smell the fear!!

I am...That 6th win will not be easy. I'll hold out on the 7th until i see the possible bowl matchup.

please.

the only reason this was reported is because the university knew it's hands were tied and that the NCAA was going to find out about it. don't try to say this has anything to do with integrity

Did I state it was about integrity?
I stated that it was a non-issue, which it was.

Last edited: