^^^^^^ Iowa at MSU - Game Thread ^^^^^^

STFU. Maybe you need to cancel your membership to HawkeyeNation. That would be a net positive if you are going to bring that attitude in.

Ok tough internet guy. I don't have anything against them, just think they should be playing at a level they are more suited for. Iowa BB won't be back until we get a lot better talent.

How bout we come out of half with a new attitude. Firm up on D. Settle down and get good looks by making good passes. Keep the ball under control.

I have to respectfully disagree with your statement. There's no way this team is a middle of the pack Big 10 team. We got throttled by tOSU, and we're getting throttled by MSU. I'm not saying we should win these games, but we haven't even been competitive.

Were getting throttled by one of the nation's elite teams. The conference is pretty top heavy right now. There's a considerable gap between MSU/Indiana/Michigan/OSU and the rest of the league.

We've beaten and played well against Wisconsin and Purdue, two teams in the middle of the pack this year.

Why are you ALWAYS negative. I have never, not once, seen you post something positive. I gets f'ing OLD.

I didn't know stating facts was being negative. Wisconsin and Minnesota are in the bottom of the Big Ten - FACT.

Here's something positive: Iowa basketball will be much better next season. We all knew that this season was going to be rough. I expected this and I'm looking toward 2013 so I won't be disappointed.

Ok tough internet guy. I don't have anything against them, just think they should be playing at a level they are more suited for. Iowa BB won't be back until we get a lot better talent.

I don't disagree that we need better talent, but guys like you **** me off.

You come out of the woodwork when things are good and just pile on when things are bad. I don't think Eric May is the best player on this team, but he IS. Therefore, I will support him.

And McCabe, he was a big reason we won @ WISC and @MINN last week. he played well and so did the team. I think that is a big correlation.

I listened to dolph for the 1st 4 mins of the game and it sounded like McCabe and May were just handing the ball to MSU every time they touched it. I get home and turn it on to see a pass go right through May's hands and bounce of his face to a defender. Then Cartwright turns it over twice in a row on a terrible dribble through and a terrible alley oop.

I understand McCabe needs to play because they need a physical body inside but May's minutes need to be about 10 per game...only when White, Gatens or Marble need a breather. He offers nothing against a team like MSU especially when IA is playing zone...he is a decent man to man defender but that's about it.

Gatens, White and Marble have looked pretty decent while the rest of the team has stunk it up.

Wow talk about a joke, that is the Iowa program right now, second game in a row where they just flat out have not shown up at all. They are still a big time bottom feeder in the B1G that much is a fact.

I didn't know stating facts was being negative. Wisconsin and Minnesota are in the bottom of the Big Ten - FACT.

Here's something positive: Iowa basketball will be much better next season. We all knew that this season was going to be rough. I expected this and I'm looking toward 2013 so I won't be disappointed.

Iowa hasn't won @ WISC since 2000. Reason to be happy? FACT

So who's in the middle? Purdue and Illinois are the only other choices after the top four if you're going to exclude Wisconsin. We might be the seventh-best team in the conference.

right now turning the program around means getting to the middle of the pack which we are already close to being
I have to respectfully disagree with your statement. There's no way this team is a middle of the pack Big 10 team. We got throttled by tOSU, and we're getting throttled by MSU. I'm not saying we should win these games, but we haven't even been competitive.

these two teams are capable of making "almost middle of the pack big 10th teams" look bad so us looking bad against them doesn't mean we are not close to middle of the pack. we are not middle of the pack yet but we are close

Even if it's over why complain so much. There has been obvious improvement on this team. We are not consistent right now. No reason to give up on em and say to hell with the season. They will only get better with practice, playing games and support.

Does Fran talk about defense at practice? They're probably hitting just as many as if they were shooting at practice with no pressure. Our defense sucks. Got lucky a couple games when shooters were ice cold.

So who's in the middle? Purdue and Illinois are the only other choices after the top four if you're going to exclude Wisconsin. We might be the seventh-best team in the conference.

7th best? 12 in the BIG is more like it. I have seen Neb and PSU play.

Were getting throttled by one of the nation's elite teams. The conference is pretty top heavy right now. There's a considerable gap between MSU/Indiana/Michigan/OSU and the rest of the league.We've beaten and played well against Wisconsin and Purdue, two teams in the middle of the pack this year.

this is my point. good call

gee getting beat by a pair of top 10 teams that will get at least a 2 seed in the tourney and you go ballistic, get real
when Iowa has at least half as many 4* and 5* recruits on the roster
then you might have a complaint until then STFU

Latest posts