I'm taking opinions on Marble's future at the point.

oh because Fran calls him a 3, i guess its sfe to say he will be a 3, him and Marble are playing the positions now because of NEED not because of wanting to, big difference.again nobody knows how good of a long range shooter Marble is because he doesn't shoot them, right now his job is to protect the ball and create for others, Oglesby hasn't shown much because he is a freshman and yet people are penciling him in as a starter, not to mention a lot had written Marble off because of his freshmen year, i can't wait to see how much all thre improve from this season to next; not to mention Olaseni.book it Marble will finish out his career as a 2, and sorry 6'7 ball handlers are not a dime a dozen

In the NBA??? yea Herb they are.

oh because Fran calls him a 3, i guess its sfe to say he will be a 3, him and Marble are playing the positions now because of NEED not because of wanting to, big difference.
again nobody knows how good of a long range shooter Marble is because he doesn't shoot them, right now his job is to protect the ball and create for others, Oglesby hasn't shown much because he is a freshman and yet people are penciling him in as a starter, not to mention a lot had written Marble off because of his freshmen year, i can't wait to see how much all thre improve from this season to next; not to mention Olaseni.
book it Marble will finish out his career as a 2, and sorry 6'7 ball handlers are not a dime a dozen

Yes there are tons of guys in the NBDL who are 6'7 and can handle it better than Marble. I also was mistaken on his height, he's only listed at 6'5. Being as good as Manny Harris is probably Marble's absolute best case scenario if everything goes just right for him and Harris is already out of the league.

everything ive seen from fran he refers to white as a combo 3 and 4.

gotta agree with the statement about nba you can find a 6'6 or 6'7 ball handler on every team sometimes more than 1 and sometimes taller.

also when a kid shoots less than 1 three pointer a game you can call them a selective shooter but you cant call them good. a good 3 pt shooter will be able to shoot 30+ percent putting up 3 or 4 a game (sometimes more). he gets 3 pts by getting it the old fashioned way. i like his way better but he isnt a good 3 pt shooter. percents dont tell the whole story. i see him getting 5 to 10 minutes at pg next year and 20-25 at the wing (probably 3 and a little at 2) because we have two 2s (ogelsby and ingram - say 15 min each and 5 for marble along with 5 for gesell). may is our only other true 3. that leaves marble with white being there sometimes and also at the 4. mccabe and meyer can back up both the 4 and 5. with basabe as the main 4. woodbury at the 5 with olaseni backing him up. this leaves 15 min a piece for clemmons and gesell at pg.

the rotation could have everyone at under 30 min (easily) except marble who i have at 30 exactly.

pg - gesell (15), clemmons (15+), marble (5-10)
sg - oglesby (15), ingram (15), marble (5), gesell (5)
sf - marble (20-25), may (5-10), white (5-10)
pf - basabe (20), white (5-10), mccabe (5+), meyer (5+)
c - woodbury (15-20), olaseni (5-10), mccabe (5+), meyer (5+)

could make for some good match up problems on our side.

Marble is a 2,or3. He is playing the PG out of necessity and doing well. Wether he ends up at the 2 or 3 depends on his ability to develope an outside game.

I'm telling you guys, Marble playing the wing is best for the team even if on Day 1 of next year he's the "best" of the 3 PG's. It'll be that way because of his experience but wont stay that way for long.

I'd rather throw one of the freshmen to the fire and let them take their lumps against teams that it doesn't matter. Games where they still win even if Gesell turns it over 6 times. Let him or Clemmons work through it. The team will be better off for it in the long run.

Agree with a majority of ur posts but no way McCabe only plays 10mins a game next year.

6 players to split 80 min of time (2 positions at 40 min a game) that makes an average of 13-14 min a player. woodbury and olaseni and myer have to get minutes somewhere. i have 5+ for mccabe at both i give him the opportunity for more. main reason is i have basabe playing a lot of min at the 4 becuae i think meyer and woodbury and olaseni will make him more of a problem for other teams as they wont be able to double him like they do now. mccabe is scrappy but his lack of athleticism will probably make him the odd man out next year.

6 players to split 80 min of time (2 positions at 40 min a game) that makes an average of 13-14 min a player. woodbury and olaseni and myer have to get minutes somewhere. i have 5+ for mccabe at both i give him the opportunity for more. main reason is i have basabe playing a lot of min at the 4 becuae i think meyer and woodbury and olaseni will make him more of a problem for other teams as they wont be able to double him like they do now. mccabe is scrappy but his lack of athleticism will probably make him the odd man out next year.

Olaseni will not get McCabe's minutes. At this point, if any is going to lose minutes next year its Basabe.

6 players to split 80 min of time (2 positions at 40 min a game) that makes an average of 13-14 min a player. woodbury and olaseni and myer have to get minutes somewhere. i have 5 for mccabe at both i give him the opportunity for more. main reason is i have basabe playing a lot of min at the 4 becuae i think meyer and woodbury and olaseni will make him more of a problem for other teams as they wont be able to double him like they do now. mccabe is scrappy but his lack of athleticism will probably make him the odd man out next year.
Olaseni will not get McCabe's minutes. At this point, if any is going to lose minutes next year its Basabe.

Ost... Agreed

I don't think McCaffrey passed on a PG for this season, went to every game of Gessell's, etc., to sit him behind Marble for 2 years. Gessell is coming here to start IMO and Ingram or Clemmons will start at 2 with Marble at the 3. With more athletic depth, the team will finally have the horses to play fast, so starting / not starting won't be that big of a deal. McCaffrey will play guys who are performing and sit guys who aren't, as we have seen this season. Lots of different combos based on big or small lineups. McCaffrey loves that Gessell is a scoring 1 and we are in dire need of more scoring options.

May is starting at one of the wing positions next year. Ingram or Clemmons will be coming off the bench. In my opinion the only question mark is who starts at the 4?

Gesell/Clemmons at PG
May at 2
Marble at 3
White/Basabe/McCabe/Meyer at 4
Woodbury at 5

May will never be a 2, he will probably start at the 3
Gesell pg fr Clemmons fr
Marble sg jr Oglesby so
May sf sr White so
McCabe pf jr Basabe jr
Olaseni c so Woodbury fr
Meyer and Ingram gives the team 2 players too give solid depth at 4 positions
Ingram at the 1 & 2 and Meyer the 4 & 5

The 2/3 are pretty much the same position in offense so calling Marble a 2 or May a 3 is really the same thing.

I believe he will settle down and with a few kids and probably get a good job with his degree. His job won't quite make tripple figures so he will probably try to move a kilo here and there. Oh did you mean basketball future. 50/50 on him going to next level.

Marble is so far from being an NBA prospect. 6'7 guys who can handle the ball as well as him are a dime a dozen in the NBA and most are better athletes. He'll be a very good college player, no shot at the NBA though.

Brandon Roy wasn't an NBA prospect after his Sophomore year either and a lot of people questioned his talent after his Junior season as well...Marble is very, very comparable to Roy.

very true on Roy, as he didn't establish a true outside game as for range, until his JR season,. May does not have the ball handling skills to be a 2. he may actually be listed as a wg in the scheme of lineups, which is why if he does not get out of his funk, White may be the starter at the 3.
it is not all about speed when playing a position, White has a long wing span and a very high BB IQ, and he is not that slow, in a side to motion his wing span also negates whatever speed defiency he has.
not to mention he has another summer and fall of drills and conditioning to increse his speed, the notion he is unable to improve on all his skill is silly and uninformed

Latest posts