I’m done with Fran

Jbo disappears when the opponent gets in his face and doesn't let him get open. Added to the fact that he is a defensive liability. When Job is mismatched like he was last night, he needs to sit. Always back to the PG drought....

I really think we'd better get the 5 wins we need to make Tourney, or Fran is in deep water. No one is going to show up to Carver for a NIT game. Get it done.
I can't imagine Fran being in deep water with this many wins already this year.

He is too expensive to dump, and his child is the star recruit coming in next year.

I would be stunned.

Fran will never get us past this point. In his first 8 years he's gotten us into just 2 NCAA tournaments, (3 if you want to include the play-in game which I don't since we lost). Lack of defense, bizarre substitution patterns, woeful recruiting, below average in game coaching are things have been consistent during his tenure and show no signs of changing.

During Fran's 9 years in recruiting, who has he landed aside from White, Garza, and Cook who weren't either from Iowa (Woodbury, Gesell, Jok, Uthoff, Wieskamp) or had strong ties to Iowa (Marble)? Now, couple that with the fact that his roster has been overloaded with bigs in a guards game. Then add in such recruiting misses as Brandon Hutton and Andrew Fleming (who are averaging 2.1 and 3.7 PPG playing in a lower division currently).

There's a reason Fran didn't get his first P5 coaching job until he was in his 50's...

I can't imagine Fran being in deep water with this many wins already this year.

He is too expensive to dump, and his child is the star recruit coming in next year.

I would be stunned.

He has a 6th grader too. So Barta may just want to extend Fran to the end of his future Hawkeye career as well. I am sure it will be discussed if it hasn't already. BTW does Fran have the same agent as Kirk? Serious question.

Fran could very well end up with more lifetime contracts than Kirk.

Apparently Barta doesn't need much revenue from the BB program. How far back do we have to go to when we were consistently selling out CHA? Early years of Alford?

Apparently Barta doesn't need much revenue from the BB program. How far back do we have to go to when we were consistently selling out CHA? Early years of Alford?
It is about money, not about winning. If one accepts the truth, it is easier to understand and tolerate, some of the time.

Is overall basketball revenue down? Or has Barta done enough with big donors and corporate sponsors to take off the pressure of needing sellouts?

Is overall basketball revenue down? Or has Barta done enough with big donors and corporate sponsors to take off the pressure of needing sellouts?

??? I can't imagine gate revenue/season ticket revenue is good. Was Mich St a sellout? Any other games this year?

I kind of wonder if Conner will devote more time to baseball after this year. It surely seems to be his ticket to the professional ranks.

He has a 6th grader too. So Barta may just want to extend Fran to the end of his future Hawkeye career as well. I am sure it will be discussed if it hasn't already. BTW does Fran have the same agent as Kirk? Serious question.
They Say.... The answer to the to QUESTION is the QUESTION itself. Go Tough Hawk Players.

Are you saying Tousaint is no good?

We don't know anything about Tousaint because he's not played any college minutes. I certainly hope he's legit but Fran's track record of recruiting the 1 position doesn't give me much hope. The only time we've even been serviceable at the 1 position the last 9 years was when Gesell and Clemmons split time for 4 years. Gesell was the better scorer, Clemmons was a really good on-ball defender. In all fairness to Fran, in my lifetime Iowa has had only three elite PG's: Ronnie Lester, BJ Armstrong, and Andre Woolridge. Dean Oliver and Jeff Horner get honorable mention.

Latest posts