I’m done with Fran

Are you two in love?
The truth hurts? I hate it. I can assure you of that. I remember the days when hugging and kissing your radio really was a “thing”, you never missed a shirts v skins on Sat morning because you never knew what national recruit you’d see, pining all week for football Saturday when top rated teams came to town or we traveled in September to face another heavyweight. A real scrimmage in the spring, primetime in the sweaty city high gym with numerous nba talents running up and down the floor. I’m sorry I miss those days and want more. But I do. And I am too damn old to be any other way

Are you two in love?
This oughta be good.

Let’s hear your defense of Fran and this team.

“It was the refs and Minnesota and MSU shot really well and the bus ride was cold and they didn’t have enough water bottles in the locker room and we should be thankful for what we have because Fran is a nice man and all these kids work their butts off.”

This oughta be good.

“It was the refs and Minnesota and MSU shot really well and the bus ride was cold and they didn’t have enough water bottles in the locker room and we should be thankful for what we have because Fran is a nice man and all these kids work their butts off.”
There is little to no defense.

Road teams won all over the league this weekend. Maryland whipped these same Gophs on that same floor a couple weeks ago. My worst fears were realzed when I thought we could have a MSU hangover tonight. Fran has been around long enough to know there may have been a let down tonight and to guard against it.

Where do we go from here? We don't play until Michigan at home on Friday. I would lock down the basketball facilities until Wednesday and give the players a break. They would then have two days to go hard and prepare for Michigan. It's gonna be too cold to do much of anything else anyway.

Good luck with that. Get ready to be told you are a clown fan, have unrealistic expectations, don’t understand how good they are with the superficial and classic iowa overrated record of 16-4, we couldn’t possibly hire anyone better, don’t you remember what happened when we ran off Mr. Davis nonsense? Good luck

At least you are finally getting the message.

As a coach, how many times do you watch your power forward grab a defensive rebound and dribble full court into traffic before you tell him to get it to a guard? Why was Garza left on the bench so long in the 2nd half? I'm sorry, but I vote no confidence in this coaching staff. ( Not to mention giving up 55 points to Minnesota in the first half!)

Iowa wins if Fran benches Cook. He was terrible on both sides of the court.

Just to be clear, it’s not just about losing this game. It’s more about the overall ability to prepare a team to play AND make adjustments during a game when your initial plan goes poorly.

Dropping in 5 players who wouldn’t start on any B1G team as a form of negative motivation is just childish. Then he tries, i mean really tries, to get T’d up in another midget minded effort to create motivation.

If this were her first time he’s pulled this type of tactic it might be overlooked but this is a consistent pattern.

BINGO!!

Fran can't coach worth a shit. We know this by now.
And when your teams have been this bad for this long, the tirades start to come off as cry babying rather than sticking up for your team. I don’t remember the last lost we had, close or blowout, where Fran didn’t go psycho at some point.

Even the super awkward stare down he had with Rob after the MSU game was way overboard. I didn’t think it was an unreasonable or low blow question at all. He just asked if he thought they were aggressive enough and the foul totals would even suggest that. Fran gave him the weird googly eyes and then got all red faced and animated like Rob just kicked his dog or something.

I don’t know what he’s upset about anyway. He’s got the second most secure job in the state by a country mile.

And just to be clear, Fran is going nowhere. He’ll limp out a couple more short extensions until Pat graduates and retire to some consultancy job somewhere.

Fran sucks.
And I'm really starting to think the Fran apologists are secretly laughing at home when nobody is looking.
I was fooled for a while. Nice one guys.

Cuz the starters were doing so well....

This was clearly a message. I’m sure Fran at half after giving up 50 plus did chat about D.

He didn’t see the adjustments or a difference being made so he sat the starters.

I actually don’t mind it.

As far as the T, college basketball coaches and how they treat officials is a joke. I thought Fran could have been T’d up in the MSU game. Izzo should have been. Pitino should have been tonight. Fran too.

Garza, Cook (until the very end for Cook with his airballed front end of a 1 and 1 FT and fast break TO) and especially Moss all played well. Particularly leading up to the McCaffrey, Dailey, Baer, Till and Kreiner lineup. You're on the road, the game is still winnable but the wheels are falling off and you go with 4 scholarship players and not 1 of Cook, Garza, Moss, Weiskamp or Bohannon. Yes those last two had bad games but at least 2 of those 5 should be on the court as long as the outcome of the game is still in question.

There is little to no defense.

Road teams won all over the league this weekend. Maryland whipped these same Gophs on that same floor a couple weeks ago. My worst fears were realzed when I thought we could have a MSU hangover tonight. Fran has been around long enough to know there may have been a let down tonight and to guard against it.

Where do we go from here? We don't play until Michigan at home on Friday. I would lock down the basketball facilities until Wednesday and give the players a break. They would then have two days to go hard and prepare for Michigan. It's gonna be too cold to do much of anything else anyway.[/QUOTE]

Not gonna happen. Who would he have to yell and scream at for those two days?

Agreed although the frontline is there and has been. He has never shown the understanding or ability to find b10 level guards

Yep. One thing that frustrates me about this team is that our post players are the only ones who can consistently feed the post. Garza, Cook and Baer are hands down the best at that and both Connor and Jordan really struggle to do it well or consistently. That's a huge problem for our backcourt and an even bigger problem for our team.

I also wonder we we ever play man to man D for more than a possession or two lightly scattered throughout the game just to shake it up and then immediately go back to zone. We suck at man to man. It's just stubbornness on Fran's part and it costs this team games

Garza, Cook (until the very end for Cook with his airballed front end of a 1 and 1 FT and fast break TO) and especially Moss all played well. Particularly leading up to the McCaffrey, Dailey, Baer, Till and Kreiner lineup. You're on the road, the game is still winnable but the wheels are falling off and you go with 4 scholarship players and not 1 of Cook, Garza, Moss, Weiskamp or Bohannon. Yes those last two had bad games but at least 2 of those 5 should be on the court as long as the outcome of the game is still in question.

Sure we had some guys playing well offensively but we have had 2 straight halves of bad defense so no free passes.

It applies to both. Lol. It’s Barta proofed
The problem is they’ll likely make the tournament and it’ll be the basketball equivalent of KF winning his last 3 games of the year to go 7-5. Mediocrity disguised as a “turn-around” and all the homer sheep believe the sky’s the limit all of a sudden. I do like Fran, but he and Ferentz are scam artists in a lot of ways.

True. I’ve expressed this several times
This oughta be good.

It was the refs and Minnesota and MSU shot reall well and the bus ride was cold and they didn’t enough water bottles in the locker room and we should be thankful for what we have because Fran is a nice man and all these kids work their butts off.”

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!! Barta is that you???

Latest posts