If you had the ability to install 4 fast food joints inside Kinnick

PFFFT! You guys so lame! I'll just put Hooters,Hooters,Hooters,Hooters, and Hooters!I love them wings and the Hooters! She can knock your fast joints outta of business!
giphy.gif

OH man, that would bring out the hairy armpit shaved head army T-shirt wearing crowd from Emma Goldman faster than a pink locker room.

Last edited:
There isn't an L and L within hundreds of miles of
Iowa City. Plano, Nashville, colorado springs. Someone is trying to look "cool" on HN.
Is there a Bojangles within 100 miles of Iowa City? I put it on my list because it is my favorite chicken joint. I love Chick fil A as well, but I pulled a muscle in my back hitting a double drive through where I had to reach through the passenger window for my food, so they're kind of on my shitlist right now.

My top four:
(1) Portillos (Italian beef sandwiches)
(2) Lou Malnati’s (Pizza)
(3) Torchy’s Tacos (Tacos & Queso)
(4) BurgerFi (Hamburgers)

Arby’s, Taco Bell, KFC, and Long John Silvers.
That's a reasonable list. I would swap Long John Silvers for a burger joint. A good burger joint!!!
My philosophy is, I always order a burger when trying out a new steak house, because if you can't cook a $2 piece of hamburger, why would I trust you to cook a $15 steak?
Burgers and brats should be at every game! Tacos too. Probably chicken as well.

Panera, Naf Naf, Chipotle (if they don't poison us), Dominoes. In and Out honorable mention.

Maid-Rite ain't what it used to be. My kid and I hit the one in Newton on the way home from the spring game this year and I'm pretty sure the place gave me 3 french fires and used a melon baller to put meat on our sandwiches. The place was way scurvier than I remember it being back in the day.

"Scurvier!" Great new word to add to my vocabulary. Very useful in describing fast food places. "I'd give it a scurvy rating of 8."

Firehouse Subs (only pre-made with a limited menu, not made-to-order)
Arby's
Five Guys (who wouldn't want an overloaded bag of "regular sized" fries?)
Wing Stop