If you had the ability to install 4 fast food joints inside Kinnick

Nebraska has Runza - which is greasy loose meat in a wet soggy bun and Valentino's - really crappy pizza.

For Iowa - I would say Pancheros cause that seems like an easy wedding (tho I like Chipotle better) & Chick-Fil- A because it's delicious.

How bout Zombie Burger or is that already not cool in Iowa?

Last edited:
Wisconsin fan watching his precious Badgers
couch-potato2.jpg

Kind of disappointed no one has said Maid-Rite yet.
Maid-Rite ain't what it used to be. My kid and I hit the one in Newton on the way home from the spring game this year and I'm pretty sure the place gave me 3 french fires and used a melon baller to put meat on our sandwiches. The place was way scurvier than I remember it being back in the day.

Maid-Rite ain't what it used to be. My kid and I hit the one in Newton on the way home from the spring game this year and I'm pretty sure the place gave me 3 french fires and used a melon baller to put meat on our sandwiches. The place was way scurvier than I remember it being back in the day.
What a shame.

I went to the Hamburg Inn in Iowa City last week (the new location between City High and Regina HS) I got a burger and onion rings. Those cheap asses only gave me 6 onion rings, and 4 of them were tiny! Plus, they were over cooked.

Waffle House ain't fast food. I like the answer, though. Glad to see we have some sophisticated palates on here other than just me!
Dammit.

I forgot Waffle House and yes it is fast food. They make it faster than McDonalds and they even do it two feet away behind the counter.

I’m changing my Taco John’s to Waffle House.

Dammit.

I forgot Waffle House and yes it is fast food. They make it faster than McDonalds and they even do it two feet away behind the counter.

I’m changing my Taco John’s to Waffle House.

Other than the grits, everything at Waffle House is cooked to order. When I go there on a Tuesday morning it is about the same speed as McDonald's. But if I go at 11 on a Sunday, it takes much longer than McDonald's. I'm just saying we're opening a whole can of worms if we call Waffle House fast food, then people are gonna start wanting Perkins or Chili's or other 5 star sit down restaurants in there.

There is big truth here