If you had the ability to install 4 fast food joints inside Kinnick

PFFFT! You guys so lame! I'll just put Hooters,Hooters,Hooters,Hooters, and Hooters!I love them wings and the Hooters! She can knock your fast joints outta of business!
giphy.gif

Other than the grits, everything at Waffle House is cooked to order. When I go there on a Tuesday morning it is about the same speed as McDonald's. But if I go at 11 on a Sunday, it takes much longer than McDonald's. I'm just saying we're opening a whole can of worms if we call Waffle House fast food, then people are gonna start wanting Perkins or Chili's or other 5 star sit down restaurants in there.

C'mon dude. It is the same shit you get at Village Inn or Perkins, but a dollar or two cheaper. I don't live that life anymore, getting eggs over easy at 4 am in the morning doesn't impress me..

Last edited:
Five Guys has excellent, but not cheap burgers that would get marked up even more at an athletic event.

Mentioned before, but Panda Express world be a stern test for the new restroom facilities in the North end zone.

Gringo's, Pagliai's by-the-slice, Chick-fil-A, and a good local BBQ joint.

The Melt, Five Guys, L&L Hawaiian Barbecue, & Yogurtland for dessert. Add in an organic coffee shop for those cold November games.
There isn't an L and L within hundreds of miles of
Iowa City. Plano, Nashville, colorado springs. Someone is trying to look "cool" on HN.

Five Guys has excellent, but not cheap burgers that would get marked up even more at an athletic event.

Mentioned before, but Panda Express world be a stern test for the new restroom facilities in the North end zone.

Gringo's, Pagliai's by-the-slice, Chick-fil-A, and a good local BBQ joint.
THere is a burger joint in Marcus Iowa that has Hamburger a bagillion times better than five guys...and quite a bit cheaper and it takes about 5 minutes to get them...why not ask them. Or is it a cool factor thing.

THere is a burger joint in Marcus Iowa that has Hamburger a bagillion times better than five guys...and quite a bit cheaper and it takes about 5 minutes to get them...why not ask them. Or is it a cool factor thing.
Ask Fryowa, Marcus is out in his neck of the woods.

I'm sure it has excellent burgers. Every small town in Iowa and Wisconsin has a local joint known for it's pizza or it's burgers or it's broasted chicken or it's fish frys.

JB’s Bar in Marcus was a finalist for best burger in Iowa, is that the one you’re thinking of? My cousin and her husband live in Marcus and if we stop to visit we usually eat there.

I want a subshop. Couldn't remember any others. I'm old and it's late
Didn't you once say you were a school teacher?

You should be enjoying the calm before the storm right now.:)

Most sub choices are solid. Subway, Jimmy John's, Pickle Barrel, Hungry Hobo, Quiznos, Which 'Wich. Apples to apples they're better than Mc Donald's or Burger King all the time.

Why would any of us really want new food options at Kinnick when you can get a delicious $7.50 mouth watering hot dog offered at any concession outlet inside the stadium and Carver Hawkeye Arena?!?
445986ea410fa560277354bee936d60b--hawkeyes-iowa-team-logo.jpg

Didn't you once say you were a school teacher?

You should be enjoying the calm before the storm right now.:)

Most sub choices are solid. Subway, Jimmy John's, Pickle Barrel, Hungry Hobo, Quiznos. Apples to apples they're better than Mc Donald's or Burger King all the time.
You have a good memory. I was indeed a schoolteacher, now a trainer of adults. I forgot about Quiznos. I pick them in this fantasy

I want a subshop. Couldn't remember any others. I'm old and it's late
Sub City is local to Waterloo/CF/Mason City and not bad. I like 'em better than Jersey Mike's.
Waffle House would be great if they'd come up that far north. I'd vote for burgers and meats from the Edgewood Locker. Damn good eat'n!