If you could pick 4 teams to join big ten...

actually you are looking at it wrong, the real question is how many people are really interested in BT schools and would adding Rutger be a incentive to watch, you do have to have a product before you just move into a tv market and the BT has nobody in that area to really make a move in or Cable companies to offer it, Rutgers is that reason and product, they are in that region and that might be good enough to get the cable TV companies to offer, ND doesn't offer that, they may be popular but they are not the local team, to get a State that offers that many TV's is worth taking Rutgers and i believe the powers that run the BT will feel that way also

Last edited:
Do people in NYC have any interest in Rutgers football?

According to that chart 3% of the population of NYC does. Is that worth it? Would you take that 3% of NYC over a market that has a larger interest in college football, like Kansas City?

Yes because 5% (counting the other Big Ten schools) of 20 million is still more than the entire Kansas City market. That is not even including New Jersey.

any teams i want?

alabama
texas
ND
georgia

sets up recruiting in the south, traditional powerhouses, big money.

i win

Yes because 5% (counting the other Big Ten schools) of 20 million is still more than the entire Kansas City market. That is not even including New Jersey.

actually you are looking at it wrong, the real question is how many people are really interested in BT schools and would adding Rutger be a incentive to watch, you do have to have a product before you just move into a tv market and the BT has nobody in that area to really make a move in or Cable companies to offer it, Rutgers is that reason and product, they are in that region and that might be good enough to get the cable TV companies to offer, ND doesn't offer that, they may be popular but they are not the local team, to get a State that offers that many TV's is worth taking Rutgers and i believe the powers that run the BT will feel that way also

These. Most cable providers in New Jersey, eastern Pennsylvania and New York (including New York City) offer BTN but the focus is on PSU. Adding Rutgers to the conference would immediately raise the profile of the B1G in an area rich with athletes and potential audience.

1.Notre Dame
2.Rutgers

solidifies NYC metro + obviously ND national reach. Maybe stop there. If add two more, need it to extend BigTens recruiting area into south/mid-atlantic.

3. Miami
4.Georgia Tech

I don't think Texas is realistic. Pitt adds nothing to the equation. Seriously folks, stop suggesting Pitt. It will never happen. Miami and GT are reaches but are more likely before Pitt or Iowa St.

Latest posts