If you could pick 4 teams to join big ten...

Stormin like I said this thread has nothing to do with tv sets or academics or anything. U can choose to make it about that if u want, but my question to u is would u seriously want Rutgers over Kansas if none of that mattered???? Also if that does matter how could u want Rutgers and not Notre Dame???

I would love KU in the B1G if nothing else, for basketball. Other than that, they bring nothing. Allen Fieldhouse is worth something, though.

Rutgers gives you access to the east coast, to NYC for recruting, exposure, etc.. ND is out of my list because they turned down the B1G already once - they are a ME FIRST University (a la Texas)>

I would love KU in the B1G if nothing else, for basketball. Other than that, they bring nothing. Allen Fieldhouse is worth something, though.

Rutgers gives you access to the east coast, to NYC for recruting, exposure, etc.. ND is out of my list because they turned down the B1G already once - they are a ME FIRST University (a la Texas)>

And tOSU isn't? Or your father's Michigan? I actually see adding ND to the B1G somewhat neutralizing the influence of tOSU without adding a dominating athletic program.

In no particular order, I would say Notre Dame, Kansas, Missouri and K-State ... Hey, I don't want to add too many powers to the conference :) ... I know that K-State does not bring too much to the conference but Kansas brings its basketball history and Mizzou is usually pretty competitive in football and basketball ... I am thinking more along geographic lines than anything else.

A substantial number no doubt... but are you going after big programs that can make the BTN a more attractive option for a basic cable package or someone who will be on free local tv.

It is all about the BTN and football prowess.

If you get Notre Dame, when their NBC deal is done, the BTN would be on every basic cable package in the country. It is obnoxious, but there are a ton of people who follow ND purely because of the religious affiliation.

At that point, you can offer Sophie Newcomb Women's Finishing School and it won't matter.

Gotta hit this up again:
fivethirtyeight-0919-geocolfootball-NYCTV-blog480.png

Do people in NYC have any interest in Rutgers football?

According to that chart 3% of the population of NYC does. Is that worth it? Would you take that 3% of NYC over a market that has a larger interest in college football, like Kansas City?

Last edited:

Latest posts