I was finally able to put a finger on a thought related to this team

01/05/14 @Wisconsin 75-71 L

This is where the seeds of doubt really took hold. I know there are varying opinions on if the T's cost us the game, but I think one thing that definitely came out of it was a "divided clubhouse" among the team. I just don't think some of the guys could get past that. Just like on this board, some people blamed the loss on the team, some blamed the loss on the coach. I think that some players on the team felt like they had their opportunity taken away from them, and some trust was lost. Add on everything else after that, and you end up here.

I disagree, they played really well after that game. I still think the 2nd Wisconsin game is where it started, that's when people started attacking fans and it wasn't just McCabe. You can't blame the angry Fran on this as he has been unusually mellow through all of this. I kept waiting for him to erupt in this game but he didn't.

But I'm grasping for straws here, I wish there was some way to shed some light on what is going on in that locker room.

People here still won't like you saying this, but I am so confused as to what's happened to this team that even I am entertaining the idea. I've said on here a number of times I think Iowa will be fine without him, I think it allows others to step up and be leaders. Marble might be the scoring leader of this team but he is not the emotional leader. Gatens filled that role 2 years ago and last year it was May, it is not part of Marbles game.

Exactly. How can their be a leader if you nobody gets along with you. This team will be better of without him. Idc what people think. I was also crucified and called a troll for saying Oges would shoot over 40% this year soemtime during the offseason.

Iowa was forced to play NW style ball...How many fast break opportunities were there? NW ran solid offensive sets and finally made some shots. NW deserved the win. Collins couched a great game

When you get outrebounded by one of the worst rebounding teams in the BIG, how do you expect to get those fastbreaks? Did Collins coach a great game, maybe. But Fran coached an equally crappy game. Same story all year. Did the coach at Illinois, Indiana, etc., etc., coach great games too or was it that Iowa just aint that good. I'll take the latter for $1000 Alex.

I disagree, they played really well after that game. I still think the 2nd Wisconsin game is where it started, that's when people started attacking fans and it wasn't just McCabe. You can't blame the angry Fran on this as he has been unusually mellow through all of this. I kept waiting for him to erupt in this game but he didn't.

But I'm grasping for straws here, I wish there was some way to shed some light on what is going on in that locker room.

No one will ever know. The only thing that is certain is that there was a wound, that wound festered, and the wounded appendage hasn't been amputated yet.

I've played for a coach like Fran and it sucks.

Me too man, and it sucked. I was on my 7th grade C-team (there were teams A through C, if that tells you how awesome I was). But at least I got my dad to buy me a new pair of Nike Air's!

The team might love Marble for all we know. The only thing we can really go off of is when we see players talking to him. Most of the time it looks awkward like he's not interested at all. I do know that Marble plays his best when he's creating plays for his teammates. I started to see that play from Jok so that's a great thing moving forward I guess he just needs to buckle down the D.

Do you have a specific example of Devyn's selfish attitude OFF the court?

Uhh yes?? Tweeting his own stats and where he stands in the B1G/Nation, Retweeting articles about his play and shoes and crap, posting pics of himself 24/7. The other day he just instagramed a pic of himself about making the all regional team and saying congrats to himself. Do you see anybody else doing that? No. He cares about his publicity and shoes more than the team.

Who knows what has gotten into this team. It's bizarre. They have 1 week to change it whatever it may be. Its almost a blessing that we can rest and prepare and do some soul searching these next 7 days. Playing Michigan State would have taken a ton of energy out of this team..not that there was much to begin with.

Forgive me, I'm just searching for any positives. When there's a chance to play in the NCAA Tourney, something this program hasn't done in 7 years, Fran and this team better bring a different effort than the one we have seen this past month. No ******* excuses. Time to man up or enjoy the offseason with a complete meltdown

I'm sorry but in my opinion this team does not deserve to get in tournament and I won't watch them in NIT again. This may be the most frustrating collapse of a Iowa team I've ever been witness to. All I can say is WTFrack!

They don't play for one another...or rather, they have stopped playing for one another. The chemistry they once had is all gone.

I am not saying they don't like each other, but they just don't seem to go out of their way all that much for each other, like close teams do, like last year's Iowa team did.

I am guessing White is tired of how few touches he gets in scoring position where he isn't forced to dribble drive, which is hard for him because people don't respect his jump shot.

Maybe I am wrong...perhaps I am grasping at straws, too...but that's what it looked like from the couch.

I think you hit the nail on the head...I knew they don't talk on defense...but after Dakich pointed out how they don't really communicate at all...it couldn't be un-seen. The team seems like they are quick to criticize each other...Which has been nagging at me for a while.

I don't buy anything about this team being best friends...I don't think they get along very well...

When you get outrebounded by one of the worst rebounding teams in the BIG, how do you expect to get those fastbreaks? Did Collins coach a great game, maybe. But Fran coached an equally crappy game. Same story all year. Did the coach at Illinois, Indiana, etc., etc., coach great games too or was it that Iowa just aint that good. I'll take the latter for $1000 Alex.

It comes from intense defense...NW grinded out the shot clock and it worked well

I think you hit the nail on the head...I knew they don't talk on defense...but after Dakich pointed out how they don't really communicate at all...it couldn't be un-seen. The team seems like they are quick to criticize each other...Which has been nagging at me for a while.

I don't buy anything about this team being best friends...I don't think they get along very well...

Marble jumped all over Oglesby after NW hit a corner three-pointer at one second on the shot clock late in the second half. Oglesby was talking back, looked like an argument. Then Oglesby was removed and seemed to be whining on the bench. Don't like to see that, but I do see it happen with other teams, so maybe it's just another way of 'communicating.'

Uhh yes?? Tweeting his own stats and where he stands in the B1G/Nation, Retweeting articles about his play and shoes and crap, posting pics of himself 24/7. The other day he just instagramed a pic of himself about making the all regional team and saying congrats to himself. Do you see anybody else doing that? No. He cares about his publicity and shoes more than the team.

I don't usually go that far down the rabbit hole...but he seriously does stuff like that? really?

Marble jumped all over Oglesby after NW hit a corner three-pointer at one second on the shot clock late in the second half. Oglesby was talking back, looked like an argument. Then Oglesby was removed and seemed to be whining on the bench. Don't like to see that, but I do see it happen with other teams, so maybe it's just another way of 'communicating.'

Yeah, I think I saw that...Oglesby sat down on the bench shaking his head...and a coach never talked to him...or at least that the cameras showed.

Yeah, I think I saw that...Oglesby sat down on the bench shaking his head...and a coach never talked to him...or at least that the cameras showed.

Uhh Fran was letting him have it from what I saw... just wasn't looking at him.

Exactly. How can their be a leader if you nobody gets along with you. This team will be better of without him. Idc what people think. I was also crucified and called a troll for saying Oges would shoot over 40% this year soemtime during the offseason.

You want a cookie? People were quick to dismiss because....let's see had he ever prove he can hit shots consistently. One of those predictions you can do an "I told you so" because it was bold and nobody believed you.

Get over yourself.

This team plays awful defense and only has one guy with a clue inside the 3-pt line with the ball in his hands that plays guard, but I am sure Iowa would be far better without him...gotcha.

Latest posts