Husker/Hawkeye Game Thread

What crap? It's 18, 19 and 20 year olds....it's football. That's part of it. If you can't handle it, find something else to do. Iowa's offense has not executed and that's ultimately why we're down 10-0. End of story.

Sounds like something your Messiah would say.

Have you ever heard of predictable ****** play calling? I can predict what Iowa is going to run 90% of the time. Or have you ever heard of being a ***** and playing NOT to lose instead of playing to win and letting it ride? I know Kirk sure hasn't..
Again, finding it absolutely hilarious you think the game plan is to stall on offense and keep D on field.....hilarious!

We had to punt those two times because it was 4th and 9 and 13. Problem is not staying ahead of down and distance by getting away from the run. we can still win this game if the offense can score first in 2nd half and then keep running the ball at them.

CIBULA, LIGHTEN UP PLEASE, IF ONLY FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR HEART

Nebby is doing us a favor. This Iowa team would have gotten SMOKED in a New Years Day bowl game. Hard to tell if the play calling is any good when the execution is this bad, except for the stretch play for Coker. Iowa Defense doing well but can't be expected to hold forever.

Iowa has had 2 drives killed by completely unnecessary play calls...the McNutt reverse and the McNutt screen. Put them behind the chains and JVB has not shown that he can overcome that.

I have better things to do this afternoon than watch this staff lose another game because they were ill prepared to play the game.

Then do us all a favor and go and do it. We all knew you were going to complain before the game even started. Yes, a lot of us wish they had done things differently on their last drive, but a game is made of more than one drive and the players haven't executed on offense enough. I don't see why you even bothered to start watching the game.

I;m not the only one who things you're whining is annoying. This IS NOT on the coaches....at all. Offense hasn't executed....that's the difference right now.

The coaches are once agian playing not to lose that is the crap that gets annoying...that and the fact your sticking up for the crap is a joke.

You guys should be ashamed to call yourselves fans. Stop talking crap. It's funny how everybody's so happy when were doing great, but as soon as we have an off week, it's time to start talking crap about everything we can. Because obviously slamming the team on an Internet forum will really have an impact on how our team plays. Go get a life. If you guys really think that you'd be better at KF's job than he is, you seriously have mental issues. Smh. The maturity level of people on this website is depressing.

And yay, Nebraska gets the ball to start the ball in the second half. They pull off another one of those drives and this game is over.

This. With the exception of the linebackers (as usual), the defense has been playing with enough intensity and pride to win this game. If they can get a stop to start the 2nd half, they've done their job to give Iowa a chance.

This game will be won or lost in the first 10 minutes of the 3rd. There are exactly 3 things that MUST OCCUR for Iowa to stay in this game and have ANY chance win:
1) defensive stop right out of 1/2;
2) the offense MUST SCORE A TD after that stop;
3) if the offense continues to fail, the defense must score a pick-6 on the very next series.

Failue for these to occur will = another nationally televised embarrassment because the D will just get run off the field.

As it is, the offensive (literally and figuratively) incompetence shown in the first half, particularly on 1st down, has been enough to be ashamed of. Hope Iowa has enough pride (and ability) to redeem themselves on that side of the ball and that side of the coaching staff.

You guys should be ashamed to call yourselves fans. Stop talking crap. It's funny how everybody's so happy when were doing great, but as soon as we have an off week, it's time to start talking crap about everything we can.

You must be new here. :)

I just automatically skip by each NEWMEXHAWK post because I know they have no worth. Lets see if the hawks can play some great fb in 2nd half.

What crap? It's 18, 19 and 20 year olds....it's football. That's part of it. If you can't handle it, find something else to do. Iowa's offense has not executed and that's ultimately why we're down 10-0. End of story.

Ok KF thanks for the heads up

Sandwich...you are not an expert. You need at least several thousand posts to know what you are talking about.

Let's get a fumble Hawks.

Latest posts