Hunter Johnson to Northwestern

Hawkfnntn

Transfering from Clemson. Was the #1 overall QB coming out in 2017 according to some.. He'll have 3 yrs to play after sitting out this year. That won't make winning the west any easier the next few years...

The B1G just keeps getting better and better from top to bottom.
It's no joke. Purdue is getting better. They aren't the laughing stock they had been. (at least that's what I tell myself to not feel as bad about losing at home to them last yr but I do find some truth to that) Nebraska has nowhere to go but up. Northwestern will be tougher and then Wisky is of course still Wisky. Coaches have their work cutout for them...

It's no joke. Purdue is getting better. They aren't the laughing stock they had been. (at least that's what I tell myself to not feel as bad about losing at home to them last yr but I do find some truth to that) Nebraska has nowhere to go but up. Northwestern will be tougher and then Wisky is of course still Wisky. Coaches have their work cutout for them...
You can't snooze on recruiting or you'll fall fast!

Purdue and NW are going to be the real deal going forward. Nebraska will take their place as a has-been relic, and those are the two schools that we'll be fighting with for second place every year.

Purdue and NW are going to be the real deal going forward. Nebraska will take their place as a has-been relic, and those are the two schools that we'll be fighting with for second place every year.
The thing I hope about Purdue is that it's short lived. I can't see Brohm sticking around. Hell he tried to bail for TN during their fiasco of a coaching search. So he's just itching for the next stepping stone gig. Purdue is not a destination job for most. Honestly going forward Neb will get better if we are being honest. Frost isn't going anywhere anytime soon and with the style of play he'll want to play on offense he'll recruit well on that side of the ball I'm afraid... They might not set the world on fire right away as much roster turnover as I imagine they'll have but going forward we'll see..

Iowa has been quietly recruiting more and more speed.
Especially at DB/LB spots. I think on defense they've done a great job of recruiting lately. On O we'll just have to see how the receivers do. They are pretty much in a position of it's time to show us. Smith Marsette can fly we know that but he's far from a polished receiver but hopefully improving. Easley is who he is. Brandon Smith is a huge unknown yet. I think the potential is all right there. Time to show us

Maybe Johnson is good, maybe he isn't. Not every top 5 QB in every recruiting class ends up making All Conference during their careers. Most of them don't. It's a good get for NW from landing a prospect standpoint, but there is a reason why he transferred and it's because he wasn't good enough where he was at.

Transfering from Clemson. Was the #1 overall QB coming out in 2017 according to some.. He'll have 3 yrs to play after sitting out this year. That won't make winning the west any easier the next few years...

Is he dual threat and a very good runner? Those are the types that can really give us problems. more stationary passing type qbs I hope will get buried by our improved pass rush.

He has to sit out a year doesnt he?

Jury still out on Minny as well but I think they are at least going up.

The B1G just keeps getting better and better from top to bottom.

Iowa stays the same

retired-teacher-wears-same-outfit-40-years-21.jpg

school teacher who wore the same outfit for annual picture day for 40 years.

The bad ones, yes. The good ones are some of the finest people one could meet.

I was trying to be funny having taught myself (no longer). I don't know how anyone could do it that long. This day and age it's like have a bunch of Dean's in the classroom questioning everything you do and have little you can really do about it.

I was having trouble with a class of teens where I had 5 kids that were gone at some point for drug rehab and 5 were arrested during the year for breaking and entering and one who ended up in prison for assault. The prin was getting on me about discipline. So when one was acting up in class I called the prin on the intercom and asked him to show me how it's done. He came down and put his hand on the kids shoulder. The kid grabbed his tie and they went crashing over tables and chairs. Finally Mr B got him in a headlock when the janitor intervened. As he straightened his tie, I said, "Mr. B is that how I do ti? Another time I sent a kid to the office and Mr B called me down. He asked the kid what I was doing to make him so upset. The kid smarted off to Mr. B who promptly kicked the kid in the shin with cowboy boots. If I had done that Mr B would have been all over me.

The kids left class once and got on a motorcycle and were cutting up the football field on it. I got them corralled and locked the bike in the shop and wasn't going to let it out until the kids parents came in. They complained and Mr. B gave it back.

I think I aged like those pics in one year.

Iowa stays the same

retired-teacher-wears-same-outfit-40-years-21.jpg

school teacher who wore the same outfit for annual picture day for 40 years.
Same outfit same hair style same mustache and at least the glasses changed over time. Lol I think you are a little off on Iowa but it's your opinion and I respect that.

Latest posts