Hunter Johnson to Northwestern

You’re educated enough to know that you can’t pigeonhole everybody into “if it doesn’t work for you then it’s your fault...”

I just like not having to ever answer to anyone and making my own decisions. I don’t feel jilted or “burned” by women at all.

Not sure about the education or smarts, but yes I know that. Not being smart at all, but your sentence tells a lot. Marriage is a partnership. Doesn't sound like you want one so best being single. The bigger question is what happened to make you think that way.

I personal don't know a US citizen that has used a hooker. In Eastern Europe, I know some guys who do, but not here. Not trying to be coy, but who are you hanging out with?
I'm not hanging out with these people. Well maybe once for a few hours while doing something.

However I tend to be that kind of person that people just come up to and start taking.
I also think a lot and they raised some things in my mind that don't sit exactly right.
For starters who decided a judge could marry people? Marriage is not supposed to be just a legal thing (that's what judges do). It's a moral thing.
Let me ask you this, if you believe in an afterlife and a heaven and hell, do you really want politicians judges and the law deciding for you?
I say if an old guy wants to make a deal on a short term relationship and the girl does too, that's none of their concern.
I don't like people being in charge of my moral compass. If I needed advice, I would seek out someone with a strong moral compass not a politician or judge.

I'm not hanging out with these people. Well maybe once for a few hours while doing something.

However I tend to be that kind of person that people just come up to and start taking.
I also think a lot and they raised some things in my mind that don't sit exactly right.
For starters who decided a judge could marry people? Marriage is not supposed to be just a legal thing (that's what judges do). It's a moral thing.
Let me ask you this, if you believe in an afterlife and a heaven and hell, do you really want politicians judges and the law deciding for you?
I say if an old guy wants to make a deal on a short term relationship and the girl does too, that's none of their concern.
I don't like people being in charge of my moral compass. If I needed advice, I would seek out someone with a strong moral compass not a politician or judge.

We could go on and on, but basically a lot of the industry is about human trafficking.

About Judges/Politicians... that is a whole subject in and of itself.

Marriage doesn't work for everyone. It has worked well for me, but not without a lot of effort and tribulation. If I'd married my wife's sister, I'd be single today I am sure.

We could go on and on, but basically a lot of the industry is about human trafficking.

About Judges/Politicians... that is a whole subject in and of itself.

Marriage doesn't work for everyone. It has worked well for me, but not without a lot of effort and tribulation. If I'd married my wife's sister, I'd be single today I am sure.

Don't mistake my argument as I don't like marriage.
That's why I'm single, because I like long term relationships. But I don't live in a world that does.
But just because I'm smart enough to see that the system and world is not set up to condone long term relationships, does not mean I believe that long term relationships go against human nature.

The bigger question is what happened to make you think that way.
I was born, I guess???

Your question makes a bold assumption that people are born with a desire to partner up in life. Which isn’t true, at least in any scientific proof that I’ve ever seen. Maybe to breed, but monogamy and marriage are cultural, not biological.

Nothing happened to me. My parents were happily married from the time they were 17 and 18 respectively, until the day my dad died (both parents died really young). I have friends who’ve either had their lives ruined by marriage and custody issues, and also married friends who hate it. But I knew long before marriage age that I didn’t want to do it.

I also have many friends who are perfectly happy being married and that’s great.

To assume that we’re all preprogrammed to act or think the same way, only changing our minds when we’re affected by something external is obtuse. I was born without an affinity for marriage the same way @tksirius was born looking like a cross between Brad Pitt and Ryan Reynolds...dumb luck.

Why do some people like cilantro and some not?? It’s just the way it is.

Don't mistake my argument as I don't like marriage.
That's why I'm single, because I like long term relationships. But I don't live in a world that does.
But just because I'm smart enough to see that the system and world is not set up to condone long term relationships, does not mean I believe that long term relationships go against human nature.

How is it not set up that way? 2 of 3 marriages dont divorce? Child abuse? Much lower in long term relationship.

What is natural is being challenged by relatively few.

I was born, I guess???

Your question makes a bold assumption that people are born with a desire to partner up in life. Which isn’t true, at least in any scientific proof that I’ve ever seen. Maybe to breed, but monogamy and marriage are cultural, not biological.

Nothing happened to me. My parents were happily married from the time they were 17 and 18 respectively, until the day my dad died (both parents died really young). I have friends who’ve either had their lives ruined by marriage and custody issues, and also married friends who hate it. But I knew long before marriage age that I didn’t want to do it.

I also have many friends who are perfectly happy being married and that’s great.

To assume that we’re all preprogrammed to act or think the same way, only changing our minds when we’re affected by something external is obtuse. I was born without an affinity for marriage the same way @tksirius was born looking like a cross between Brad Pitt and Ryan Reynolds...dumb luck.

We'll never agree I guess. Disease health child abuse numbers snd so on all ooint to what you say there is no evidence of.

We botb lost parents young. My were losers actually and never should have marrued or gad kids. They had the opposit. They werent manogamous and we as kids paid the price. They hated each other. I figured there had to be a better way and there is. My sibs are pretty much non functional. There kids are non functional. Mine do quute well. Pretty good evidence to me. Wide and eye arent perfect. Maybe TK and I are half bros?

The Mrs and I adopted 2 older kids from a very broken family not married. I also understand not all adoptions go well. The greatest joy in the world I have is teaming with someone to provide stability to two humans in desperate need. Not bragging but presenting another side but will say at times its been damn hard but in the end been a joy. We had enough kids the normal way. Just something we did

I was born, I guess???

Aww man. You're making me blush. :oops:

We'll never agree I guess. Disease health child abuse numbers snd so on all ooint to what you say there is no evidence of.

We botb lost parents young. My were losers actually and never should have marrued or gad kids. They had the opposit. They werent manogamous and we as kids paid the price. They hated each other. I figured there had to be a better way and there is. My sibs are pretty much non functional. There kids are non functional. Mine do quute well. Pretty good evidence to me. Wide and eye arent perfect. Maybe TK and I are half bros?

The Mrs and I adopted 2 older kids from a very broken family not married. I also understand not all adoptions go well. The greatest joy in the world I have is teaming with someone to provide stability to two humans in desperate need. Not bragging but presenting another side but will say at times its been damn hard but in the end been a joy. We had enough kids the normal way. Just something we did
I'm proud to say that all three of ours are adopted too. And I'm proud that I have helped make the world a better place for them. And my wife, like the country and Western song says, she qualifies for sainthood for her efforts.

Why do single guys live longer than married guys?

Because they want to!

Understand this is a joke. The fact is that married men live longer than those who get divorced. However, never married has the same impact. The key is continuity. Married men in difficult marriages live the same as married and unmarried is what the evidence seems to support.

Change is the issue. Moving also leads to increased death.

My guess is that like everything that seems to go on the government just can't not get themselves involved... They can't help themselves. There's $ to be made licenses to sell. Benefits/tax breaks to give out. And let's not forget that if you marry people you have a pretty good chance of double dipping and getting to divorce them too. It's also a way to track peoples lives. And I'm sure there's more reasons. I'm sure it started out as strictly a religious deal but without looking it up I'd be hard pressed to guess at what point governments around the world no less probably started changing that.

Latest posts