How will you feel when Clowns are seeded higher than us?

If I were you, I'd be more pissed at the bonus Fran gets for making the NCAA tournament. And the fact that he made the tournament increases his contract one year. Your AD is holding your athletic department back to say the least.

ISU plays better than Iowa every year when it counts most...in March. What is this 4 conference tournament titles now in 10 years for ISU? Iowa has 2 BTT wins TOTAL in 10 years. Stop griping about the tournament seeding. Both programs are where they deserve to be, ISU maybe got the shaft getting a 6 but they got thrown a bone getting put in the Midwest region and possibly playing in KC again if they get that far.

I don’t care about ISU’s seed at all. The team we’re playing lost to the team they’re playing. And they are 0-6 all time against OSU.

Iowa would be much better fit in the Big 12 honestly. Style of play, less physical teams, 4 less teams, only have to win 3 games in tourney. The highest seeded Big 12 team will be a 5 maybe 4 seed. The tourney champs will be a 5. They were weak this year.
I was thinking more like the MAC or Sunbelt

By any measurable statistic they did. Only one Iowa has is head to head. It is silly to try to argue that.

they won 1 more game in a MUCH weak conference....that isn't that much better than Iowa not sure what you are smoking!

They finished .500 in a weak conference, Iowa finished .500 in a MUCH stronger conference...

SO they please 3 great games in a row wow, impressive that doesn't mean they had a much better season clown!

they won 1 more game in a MUCH weak conference....that isn't that much better than Iowa not sure what you are smoking!

They finished .500 in a weak conference, Iowa finished .500 in a MUCH stronger conference...

SO they please 3 great games in a row wow, impressive that doesn't mean they had a much better season clown!

Yeah but they went 5-3 against Texas Tech, Kansas, and Kansas State, the three best teams in the Big 12. Iowa went 1-4 against Michigan State, Michigan, and Purdue and the losses were positively dreadful. Argue conference strength an head to head all you want, but one team did well against the best teams in their conference and the other did not. One team played well and won their conference tournament beating the best teams in their conference, the other blew out a horrible team then got their ass handed to them against a top seed in their conference. Sorry man, ISU has the better resume and had the better season. If Iowa would not have blown chunks down the stretch they'd be in a better position and this wouldn't be a debate.

Yeah but they went 5-3 against Texas Tech, Kansas, and Kansas State, the three best teams in the Big 12. Iowa went 1-4 against Michigan State, Michigan, and Purdue and the losses were positively dreadful. Argue conference strength an head to head all you want, but one team did well against the best teams in their conference and the other did not. One team played well and won their conference tournament beating the best teams in their conference, the other blew out a horrible team then got their ass handed to them against a top seed in their conference. Sorry man, ISU has the better resume and had the better season. If Iowa would not have blown chunks down the stretch they'd be in a better position and this wouldn't be a debate.

You just point out how much better the B1G is here. Michigan, MSU and Purdue are far better combined than Kansas, K-State and Tech. It really isn't close.

ISU lost to 8 NCAA teams, Iowa lost to 8 NCAA teams in the regular season. If anything Iowa "losses" were against better teams than ISU were:

Iowa lost to #2, #2, #2, #3, #5, #5, #6, #10, and a #11 seed. Iowa lost to 2 non NCAA teams
ISU lost to a #3, #4, #4, #9, #9, #10. ISU lost to 4 non NCAA teams

ISU lost to 7 teams that weren't "as good" as them (IE seeded lower than them). Iowa lost to 3 teams that weren't "as good" as them.

ISU had the better conference tournament, but the regular seasons were pretty even. Both lost 10 games, Iowa won 1 more game, and beat them head to head. The tie breaker is going to go to who has the better NCAA tournament. I mean if either teams gets bounced in the first game, it will be hard to argue their season was better if the other team wins. I'd rather win 1 game in the NCAA than win a conference tournament, as they are the most overrated thing about college basketball. I actually wish they would do away with them, and award auto bids to actual conference champions.

Iowa State had more impressive wins than Iowa. ISU's NET rating and the other ones were better than Iowa's. The eye test would tell me ISU looks better.

I have no problem with ISU being seeded higher than Iowa. I prefer in dealing with truth than emotion.

They have had a better basketball program than us for an awfully long time. Not the least bit surprised. Our lazy AD is going to be around when their football team also passes us. It’s far closer than most of you realize. Way too many coconuts in the sand
LOL at ISU being close to passing us in football. When the clowns played in the Alamo Bowl this past year, they were saying it was the biggest bowl game in school history. That tells you all you need to know about ISU football. Get back to me when they play a football game in January.

Iowa State should beat Ohio State easily, but Houston is a terrible matchup for them in the second round.

I’m sorry you hate fun. The big 12 tournament is some of the most fun I’ve ever had as a sports fan.

I think the tournaments take bids from deserving teams in 1 bid leagues. I don't think the Power conference tournaments mean anything, they are just a money grab by the conferences.

And they can be extremely fun, which is the entire point of sports. 90% of all bowls don't mean anything. 90% of FB championship games don't mean anything. They are just fun for fans of the teams.

And they don't steal bids from deserving mid-majors. There was exactly one bid stealer in the P5 this year, Oregon. The ones that are stealing bids from deserving mid-majors are crappy teams like St. Johns, OSU, and Oklahoma who did almost nothing to deserve a bid.

One bid steal this year is probably an all time low. One bid leagues should be represented by their best team, not a team that gets hot for 2-3 days.

ISU is an outlier with the conference tournaments. It is like a bowl game for them, because they sucked at football for so long. 90% of teams don't view conference tournament anywhere near what ISU fans do.

Based on their play at end of season verses ours, they both got what they deserved. When everyone was talking about us being a 7 seed, I thought that was ridiculous.

Latest posts