How will you feel when Clowns are seeded higher than us?

Playing much better than us now and are building confidence at an opportune time. Home-like crowd in KC didn't hurt their cause either.

Our team on the other hand has to be getting punch drunk at this point with 2 wins in the last 8 games.

It's really really simple.

Since Mr. Davis and Fry retired the Cyclone programs in both basketball and football have improved relative to their previous history, while our basketball program has gone backwards and our football program has stayed the same.

I point this out to all the posters on here who like to say "things can NEVER change" . . . "things can NEVER get better"

Things can change, and things can get better. It starts at the top. And we have a highly paid entitled incompetent boob supervised by people who are just like him.

Iowa would be much better fit in the Big 12 honestly. Style of play, less physical teams, 4 less teams, only have to win 3 games in tourney. The highest seeded Big 12 team will be a 5 maybe 4 seed. The tourney champs will be a 5. They were weak this year.

I totally agree here. Much more freedom of movement in the Big12, much less physical play allowed. B1G basketball is getting so hard to watch, and it is a shame, they are the best conference in basketball and the officials allow it to be just a grab/hold/hack league.

I totally agree here. Much more freedom of movement in the Big12, much less physical play allowed. B1G basketball is getting so hard to watch, and it is a shame, they are the best conference in basketball and the officials allow it to be just a grab/hold/hack league.

Other than a brief stretch between the late 80’s and the early 90’s the league has always been a grab and hold grind-it-out conference.

They earned it. Played hard in the tourney. 4 of last 6 tourney titles. 5-0 in championship game? Props to them.

My respect for Prohm went down with a couple of doushy episodes this season. He's not a good interview either.

And I get a vibe some color commentators (former coaches) are less than congratulatory for what he's done. Can't put a description on that ... just seems odd how they talk about him (or don't) compared to other coaches.

Speaking of doushy, Self was when asked about not winning the regular season title and that streak ended, what he told his players and how they have handled that?

His answer something to the effect, "they're going to play like (in BigXII tourney) and tell the league they were fortunate to take advantage of some things that happened"

It aggravates the shit out of me.

They have just as much, if not more talent, more athleticism, and can obviously succeed in their conference tournament.

Why can't we do the same? Another in-state school. What built-in advantage do they have that Iowa doesn't? If ISU can do it, so can Iowa.

They earned it. Played hard in the tourney. 4 of last 6 tourney titles. 5-0 in championship game? Props to them.

My respect for Prohm went down with a couple of doushy episodes this season. He's not a good interview either.

And I get a vibe some color commentators (former coaches) are less than congratulatory for what he's done. Can't put a description on that ... just seems odd how they talk about him (or don't) compared to other coaches.

They have made the Big 12 tourney their thing, especially when it is in KC. If you are not a blue blood I don’t have an issue with putting an emphasis on it.

They have just as much, if not more talent, more athleticism, and can obviously succeed in their conference tournament.

Why can't we do the same? Another in-state school. What built-in advantage do they have that Iowa doesn't? If ISU can do it, so can Iowa.

That’s why I am not aggravated. Iowa can attain that . ISU isn’t doing anything that is unattainable by the Iowa program.

Negative hombre, You won your Superbowl then proceeded to beat 1 team worth a shit all year. If it wasn't for lucky ass shots you would easily have 3 more losses.

He is not wrong and deep down inside you know it.

Type of players they are allowed to have (Big 12 vs Big 10 academic requirements) and types of dudes Prohm recruits are much more athletic and talented than Fran’s recruits. Also Fran failing to join the transfer market. It’s been a huge mistake of his. ISU has a far superior AD and Prohm is a better head coach IMO.

Negative hombre, You won your Superbowl then proceeded to beat 1 team worth a shit all year. If it wasn't for lucky ass shots you would easily have 3 more losses.

LOL, ISU was .500 in a league that was way easier than the B1G. ISU would have finished about 10th in the B1G this year, behind OSU and Indiana.

That’s why I am not aggravated. Iowa can attain that . ISU isn’t doing anything that is unattainable by the Iowa program.

I guess I'm the opposite. I can't bring myself to be annoyed that Iowa isn't Kentucky.. Kind of is what it is. It does annoy me with college sports in general that there are the haves and have nots.

But there's no excuse for Iowa to lag behind ISU in athletics.

Depends on how you look at it I guess.

Last edited:
Type of players they are allowed to have (Big 12 vs Big 10 academic requirements) and types of dudes Prohm recruits are much more athletic and talented than Fran’s recruits. Also Fran failing to join the transfer market. It’s been a huge mistake of his. ISU has a far superior AD and Prohm is a better head coach IMO.

Can you elaborate on the academic requirements? Thought I looked it up once and I thought Iowa and ISU had essentially the same requirements. I don't fully know how it all works though.. Is it different for athletics?

If this were true Iowa State fans would be riding high 100% of the time because comparing Iowa State and Iowa basketball makes Iowa State look fantastic.

It is true because that is why you are here. No matter what the success is relative to the other, you care what big brother thinks.

Latest posts