How will you feel when Clowns are seeded higher than us?

ISU had the better conference tournament, but the regular seasons were pretty even. Both lost 10 games, Iowa won 1 more game, and beat them head to head. The tie breaker is going to go to who has the better NCAA tournament. I mean if either teams gets bounced in the first game, it will be hard to argue their season was better if the other team wins. I'd rather win 1 game in the NCAA than win a conference tournament, as they are the most overrated thing about college basketball. I actually wish they would do away with them, and award auto bids to actual conference champions.

Bump. Like I said, the seasons were about equal up to today. After today, anyone who would rather take ISU season is a fool. Iowa with a shot at the Sweet 16, and ISU going home.

They were fortunate to get a six seed and the way the game played out it was very winnable. They weren't equal to the task. OSU stumbled over themselves almost as much. Their offense the second half was basically let Wesson bully his way to the hoop and get away with the same fouls and traveling violations he got away with against us.

Bump. Like I said, the seasons were about equal up to today. After today, anyone who would rather take ISU season is a fool. Iowa with a shot at the Sweet 16, and ISU going home.

I do like what you're doing here, but let's wait until Sunday before we get too crazy with the sweet 16 talk

Yeah but they went 5-3 against Texas Tech, Kansas, and Kansas State, the three best teams in the Big 12. Iowa went 1-4 against Michigan State, Michigan, and Purdue and the losses were positively dreadful. Argue conference strength an head to head all you want, but one team did well against the best teams in their conference and the other did not. One team played well and won their conference tournament beating the best teams in their conference, the other blew out a horrible team then got their ass handed to them against a top seed in their conference. Sorry man, ISU has the better resume and had the better season. If Iowa would not have blown chunks down the stretch they'd be in a better position and this wouldn't be a debate.
One team won their first NCAA game, one team didn’t.

Yeah but they went 5-3 against Texas Tech, Kansas, and Kansas State, the three best teams in the Big 12. Iowa went 1-4 against Michigan State, Michigan, and Purdue and the losses were positively dreadful. Argue conference strength an head to head all you want, but one team did well against the best teams in their conference and the other did not. One team played well and won their conference tournament beating the best teams in their conference, the other blew out a horrible team then got their ass handed to them against a top seed in their conference. Sorry man, ISU has the better resume and had the better season. If Iowa would not have blown chunks down the stretch they'd be in a better position and this wouldn't be a debate.

tOSU=8th place b10 conference team. 7/9 Big Ten teams advanced. Maybe the Big Ten is just really, really good?

LOL Wisky losing, though.

The clowns looked Iike hell. They should be pretty decent next year with the big guy coming off red shirt

ISU is set up nicely, they have pretty good talent. They have way better talent than to go 9-9 in the Big12 and only get a 6 seed. That is a top 10 team with Fred as coach, probably a 2 or 3 seed, and they win the Big12 regular season. I think Prohm got very little out of the talent he had.

Best thing that could happen in Clowntown is Prohm bolts for Bama, and they get Fred back.

I think it could be argued

Yeah, I was really scratching my head on this one as well when @theboat posted it. Sure they won the Big12 tournament, but they fell apart big time the last few weeks of the season, after they had a shot of winning a weak Big12 conference. They had player turmoil, and really if they don't win that Big12 tournament, it is even a bigger turd for them seeing as how they got bounced by a B1G team who barely got into the tournament.

Latest posts