How will you feel when Clowns are seeded higher than us?

I feel like you guys haven’t watched much big 12 basketball this year. A lot of physical play this year.

I watch the B1G a lot, and some Big12. It really isn't close, the B1G just allows so much more physical play, and has for decades now.

ISU has been projected to be seeded higher than us the entire season so I guess it won't bother me in the slightest.

dnno.gif

I am first and foremost an Iowa grad and Hawkeye fan. However, I am very pleased and excited to see if ISU gets hot and makes a run. It keeps a mixed Cyclone/Hawkeye household peaceful. Unless we play each other, then it's absolutely separate viewing...

I guess I'm the opposite. I can't bring myself to be annoyed that Iowa isn't Kentucky.. Kind of is what it is. It does annoy me with college sports in general that there are the haves and have nots.

But there's no excuse for Iowa to lag behind ISU in athletics.

Depends on how you look at it I guess.

It is an old school mentality to think that Iowa athletics is somehow superior to Iowa St athletics. I just look at it as they are not doing anything that Iowa isn't capable of. ISU fans think that the basketball programs are light years apart. In reality they really aren't. And that perception(not reality)is hard to swallow.

Well, they should be seeded higher than us for the following reasons:

1) They beat us head-to-head
2) They play in a tougher conference than us
3) They have a better conference record than us
4) They have a better strength of schedule than us
5) They have a better strength of record than us
6) They are Big 12 Champs (or so their fans told me)
7) Their baseball team is undefeated

It is an old school mentality to think that Iowa athletics is somehow superior to Iowa St athletics. I just look at it as they are not doing anything that Iowa isn't capable of. ISU fans think that the basketball programs are light years apart. In reality they really aren't. And that perception(not reality)is hard to swallow.

ISU has won more Big 12 titles than Fran has B10 tournament wins. Lets not let facts get in the way of butthurt.

ISU has won more Big 12 titles than Fran has B10 tournament wins. Lets not let facts get in the way of butthurt.

Not butthurt at all. I feel about ISU basketball the way you feel about Iowa football. I can acknowledge one is better, but they are not doing anything that the other isn't capable of. And doing it in a short peroid of time.

Not butthurt at all. I feel about ISU basketball the way you feel about Iowa football. I can acknowledge one is better, but they are not doing anything that the other isn't capable of. And doing it in a short peroid of time.

Well you will need to ditch Fran for that to happen.

I mean, this is going to feel real ugly inside.
They have had a better basketball program than us for an awfully long time. Not the least bit surprised. Our lazy AD is going to be around when their football team also passes us. It’s far closer than most of you realize. Way too many coconuts in the sand

But they do get KC in the Sweet 16. The question is, do you/can you root for Kentucky and North Carolina/Kansas to get there in case ISU gets there? Yuck!!! Go Bruce Pearl!!!

they've got pretty favorable matchups in the first weekend. Not a bad path to the Sweet 16

Well, they should be seeded higher than us for the following reasons:

1) They beat us head-to-head
2) They play in a tougher conference than us
3) They have a better conference record than us
4) They have a better strength of schedule than us
5) They have a better strength of record than us
6) They are Big 12 Champs (or so their fans told me)
7) Their baseball team is undefeated

What game was I watching then?

Latest posts