How much will you give Iowa football if you win Mega Millions?

I'd have season tickets and make a minimal donation. I am ****** about all the years of going to bowl games and they tacked on a extra $10 for every ticket sold and $15 to ship them.

The first thing I would do is buyout Mediacom's naming rights to the basketball court and rename it Mr. Davis Davis Court at Carver-Hawkeye Arena.

I would give whatever it takes to drive a silver stake through the heart or fire a golden bullet through the head of the AIRBHG. Enough is enough.

I would give whatever it takes to drive a silver stake through the heart or fire a golden bullet through the head of the AIRBHG. Enough is enough.

I would endow the Lester Erb excellence in the field of excellence scholarship fund that would provide scholarships (independent of the athletic department, of course) for three of the nation's most promising (4 star and above) running backs every year. The scholarship would also carry a generous stipend to cover living expenses and books, say $200k a year. AIRBHG would not be able to stop me. Although knowing my luck, the ball team would get good and I'd have a gripper sometime during the 4th quarter of a B10 title game and die in that dump of a stadium in Indianaproleis and I would never get to see a Rose Bowl in person.

I would endow the Lester Erb excellence in the field of excellence scholarship fund that would provide scholarships (independent of the athletic department, of course) for three of the nation's most promising (4 star and above) running backs every year. The scholarship would also carry a generous stipend to cover living expenses and books, say $200k a year. AIRBHG would not be able to stop me. Although knowing my luck, the ball team would get good and I'd have a gripper sometime during the 4th quarter of a B10 title game and die in that dump of a stadium in Indianaproleis and I would never get to see a Rose Bowl in person.

I would really like to see you interact in real life. TV show possibilities, I'm assuming.

It would be awesome to win the lottery, but it isn't very realistic winning any kind of lottery for anybody. If I had $10 million dollars to donate to Iowa Football, I surely would. Of course I would expect box seats for every game.

1:176 million, I believe I read.

What I've always thought funny to me is people who routinely buy tickets talk about buying more tickets the bigger the pot is...if I were going to strategically spend money on lotto tickets I would buy when the it resets and less people are in the mix.

that 462 mil is before taxes, and about 231 mil after taxes. my question is the payout is only 462 why are they adverting the jackpot at 640 mil. very misleading if you ask me.
but hell i will take it, and the 640 figure was based on sales thru thursday night, who know where it will be when the drawing happens tonight.
as to who i would donate 25 mil to the U of I Childrens Hospital they need it worst than the althletic departments do

Last edited:
1:176 million, I believe I read.

What I've always thought funny to me is people who routinely buy tickets talk about buying more tickets the bigger the pot is...if I were going to strategically spend money on lotto tickets I would buy when the it resets and less people are in the mix.

Uhhh, that does nothing to increase your odds of winning this type of lottery. It doesnt matter if you are the only person in the country that bought a ticket, your odds of winning are still the same.

Uhhh, that does nothing to increase your odds of winning this type of lottery. It doesnt matter if you are the only person in the country that bought a ticket, your odds of winning are still the same.

This is correct, the only way to increase your odds is to buy more tickets with different combinations.

I am not talking about odds, I am talking about payout. Then again, I don't follow the lottery so maybe it resets so low that winning the big one still nets more than if you were to risk splitting the pot. Seems like these big pots get split when you have multiple winners? I would have to care enough about the lottery to know the numbers.

Either way, if you're going buy spur of the moment tickets, your odds are the same...to most people playing $50MM is just as big to them as $240 or whatever it is now. As if the pot isn't big enough for them to win at any given time...that's the main thing I find funny.

that 462 mil is before taxes, and about 231 mil after taxes. my question is the payout is only 462 why are they adverting the jackpot at 640 mil. very misleading if you ask me.
but hell i will take it, and the 640 figure was based on sales thru thursday night, who know where it will be when the drawing happens tonight.
as to who i would donate 25 mil to the U of I Childrens Hospital they need it worst than the althletic departments do

You get 462 before taxes if you take lump sum. If you take the regular payments, you'll actually get all the money. Nobody gets all the money at once; you can either take about half now (before taxes), or you can be paid in yearly installments until the balance is paid.

I heard that 90% of the number combinations had been sold. Chances are pretty good there will be a winner tonight.

Latest posts