How much longer does Fran get?

Tweeter = 56

Only difference is his target is Fran, not JBo. I don't recall seeing Tweeter post after the Maryland or Wiscy game but he can't wait to log in after a loss.

Bunch of freshman who will get better. We ran into a team that shot 60% from the floor including 3s.

I'm happy to have Fran. Injuries to Cook and Jok and just figuring out the rotation put this team in a bad spot and we ran into the wrong team on the wrong night.

all these mysterious posters who are absent during Iowa success and run to their computers to rub Hawk fans noses in it are fun and really easy to pick out if you are on the board regularly. Fran was probably in the top 3 or 4 for COY in the B1G this season and finished tied for 5th in the B1G with the 8th youngest team in the country. Won double digit games in the conference 3 straight years which hasn't been done since Mr. Davis's first season.

Fran get's as long as he wants dip shits.

Seriously, enough.... Yeah, we got clobbered by a team that couldn't miss a shot... The tournament this year was never terribly likely.... We graduated a ton of talent last year! Fran is doing just fine and we WILL be in the tournament next year. If we are not, then you can feel free to grumble... Until then, just stop... Do you remember when Mr. Davis got run out of town? We got [REDACTED] and then the worst basketball (Lickliter) in history... Fran has fixed things, there is talent on the team and talent coming in. If you want a constant winner, go cheer for Kansas or Duke.... Just stop!

Time to move on from Fran. I want someone who makes the NCAA tournament.

We made it three years in a row before this.

He has a hole in his resume when it comes to the BTT, there's no denying that. But he's led the Hawks to five years in a row with a .500 or better conference record and a couple of NCAA wins. Not a stellar record but on the right side of the ledger as far as I'm concerned.

You mean a really young team who nobody thought was going to make the tournament missed it by one game because of an inconsistent performance at the end of the year?

Color me shocked

Did we really miss it because of "an inconsistent performance at the end of the year"? We were a young team that jelled in conference play, but the fact is it's more about the multiple games that we let slip away during the season than it was last night. Last nights loss was the dagger, but Iowa had multiple chances during the regular season to win a handful of games that would have made this one irrelevant. We missed the dance, not because of the Indiana loss, but because of countless other losses earlier in the year when we were a young team who had very little expectations.

This board sure has its fair share of idiots. I really hope that the people clamoring for a coaching change are alts because anyone with half a brain can see that this team is poised to be damn good in the very near future. The reason Iowa lost yesterday was a combination catching a team on fire and the lone senior on the team laying a big fat egg. Meanwhile two freshmen led the team in scoring and had double doubles.

Did we really miss it because of "an inconsistent performance at the end of the year"? We were a young team that jelled in conference play, but the fact is it's more about the multiple games that we let slip away during the season than it was last night. Last nights loss was the dagger, but Iowa had multiple chances during the regular season to win a handful of games that would have made this one irrelevant. We missed the dance, not because of the Indiana loss, but because of countless other losses earlier in the year when we were a young team who had very little expectations.
I mean, you're not wrong, but very few people expected them to even be in consideration for a spot in the tournament this year, and to be that close reflects the talent and potential they have.

I mean, you're not wrong, but very few people expected them to even be in consideration for a spot in the tournament this year, and to be that close reflects the talent and potential they have.

Agree with you 100%. There is a ton of talent on the team. The talent is raw, but there will hopefully be a lot of good things in the years to come. Obviously we weren't ready to dance this year, but if this team could have sped up the maturation process by a few weeks last nights game would have been irrelevant.

This board sure has its fair share of idiots. I really hope that the people clamoring for a coaching change are alts because anyone with half a brain can see that this team is poised to be damn good in the very near future. The reason Iowa lost yesterday was a combination catching a team on fire and the lone senior on the team laying a big fat egg. Meanwhile two freshmen led the team in scoring and had double doubles.

I'm not pointing any fingers at the staff and see a great deal of validity in your point and am looking forward to a lot of good things to come. That said though, wouldn't a very valid argument of those in the other corner be the fact that we only had one contributing senior and were way to dependent on our freshman. Fran deserves a lot of credit for this class, but at the same time we were so dependent on them to be successful due to other recent classes that he'd recruited.

Latest posts