How much longer does Fran get?

This is the worst thread of all time. We play freshman and sophs. and are competing at a very high level and will challenge in the B1G tourny. Get rid of this thread.

Yep, and just blew out a ranked team (not for much longer though) on the road. Even a blind man should be able to see this team's potential. Fran may not be Coach K but this program is in pretty good hands, I think.

Twenty year extension....or at least until Connor's kid commits.

Sidenote: i heard the single most AMAZING College Basketball stat this morning, given that Fran got swept by John Groce......Bill Self while at Illinois and Kansas has not been swept in 117 straight Home/Home games within the same season.....that defies logic!!!!!!

Twenty year extension....or at least until Connor's kid commits.

Sidenote: i heard the single most AMAZING College Basketball stat this morning, given that Fran got swept by John Groce......Bill Self while at Illinois and Kansas has not been swept in 117 straight Home/Home games within the same season.....that defies logic!!!!!!
Yeah and KU has won like 13 strait conference titles.. He's built a quiet dynasty of sorts if you can call it that. To answer the OPs original question after tonight. Fran will be around a long time if he keeps winning road games against ranked teams. This young team is starting to come into their own. If you'd have told me Jok would only put up 11 pts and shoot poorly (relatively speaking) and we'd win by double digits going away I'd have said your crazy. This has been the opposite of Frans teams in the past. Usually his teams had begun a slide down the back stretch these guys are playing their best ball pretty much. Fun to see.

Yeah and KU has won like 13 strait conference titles.. He's built a quiet dynasty of sorts if you can call it that. To answer the OPs original question after tonight. Fran will be around a long time if he keeps winning road games against ranked teams. This young team is starting to come into their own. If you'd have told me Jok would only put up 11 pts and shoot poorly (relatively speaking) and we'd win by double digits going away I'd have said your crazy. This has been the opposite of Frans teams in the past. Usually his teams had begun a slide down the back stretch these guys are playing their best ball pretty much. Fun to see.

I hate to beat a dead horse, but Fran has only had 2 teams that didn't finish strong.

This year we needed a few highs and only a few lows to make the tourney. We had enough highs, we just had a couple too many lows.

This year we needed a few highs and only a few lows to make the tourney. We had enough highs, we just had a couple too many lows.

Yeah that Omaha loss is really a bitch right about now. Not surprising with such a young team though. I think most rational fans expected a lot of highs and lows this season. That's exactly what we've seen. Only I would argue the young players look much much better than I thought they would. Bohannon being the real surprise. Gonna be real fun watching him the next few years. That kid just has the IT factor. He is a gamer.

I don't think anything you said was unreasonable (tho I would quibble a little on the length of the leash). But Barta is in difficult position. Fran will sell him on his 2 boys being the key to the future when paired with existing players. We already have a non-analog situation suggesting Barta is both gullible and in permanent possession of "developmental program" expectations.

I promise you this. Fran (thru his agent) is going to push really hard in the off-season for a contract that makes it hard to fire him before his boys graduate.
Oh heck after seeing what Ferentz got away with?! If Fran's agent didn't push for a massive amount of money and time Fran should fire his agent.

Yep, and just blew out a ranked team (not for much longer though) on the road. Even a blind man should be able to see this team's potential. Fran may not be Coach K but this program is in pretty good hands, I think.
He has been able to recruit meaningful talent that doesn't mean the program is in great hands. LIke I said earlier he better have a conference challenging title team in 2 years or we've seen Fran's upside already it was last year.

Just when you thought the program was headed in the right direction the team gets totally blown out by Northwestern -- North-friggin-western. That should NEVER happen.

How many more stumbles like this does Barta absorb before pulling the trigger?
I pulled the trigger on you Jan 16

56, you logged in to the wrong account

Some of y'all were certain this game was going to end Crean's tenure at IU.

raw

Well have had a pretty good season for such a young team. NIT was about what I expected. Not saying I wasn't wishing for a little more but make a run in the NIT . Looking forward to next yr when we get a little bigger inside. Indiana played pretty darn good and that usually happens when you hit 3s like they did.