Hilliard Announces Top 5

COLUMBUS, Ohio - Jashon Cornell doesn't hesitate when telling the backstory.
You can feel the enthusiasm when he describes how he met Justin Hilliard during an unofficial visit at Iowa two years ago, how they've been friends ever since and how it isn't a coincidence that the two four-star defenders are announcing their college decisions at the same exact time Wednesday morning.

"I believe so," he responded when asked if the two were a package deal. "It isn't a for sure thing yet, but probably."

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2014/06/itll_be_like_ray_lewis_and_ter.html
Yeah, he's going to Ohio State. I would be shocked if he chose anyplace else.

I would like to hope that the 2 of them are looking at Iowa as a place to make their own mark and leave a lasting imprint on the program, but they are just 18 year old kids who see the bright lights of tO$u. Hoping in one hand and doing something else in the other and we will see what we end up with more of. Still have a glimmer of hope for the Hawks though.

(Warning: The following post is straight from the "Caring is Creepy" department.)

One thing to note about Hilliard is that his Twitter feed has been interestingly pro-Iowa lately. It's not really negative toward anyone else, but many of his tweets and retweets should give Iowa fans some optimism. Here's his most recent tweet:

[tweet]483714751265251328[/tweet]

Holy b@lls, Jumper...two more days and we'll know for sure....

After all the Seantrel Henderson, Melvin Gordon, Cyrus Kuoanjiao, David Kenney, Delano Hill, and Ross Pierschbacher, I've learned to be cautiously pessimistic. HOWEVER, you have to think the Hawkeyes will win one of these big-time recruiting battles eventually. Now seems like as good a time as ever.

After all the Seantrel Henderson, Melvin Gordon, Cyrus Kuoanjiao, David Kenney, Delano Hill, and Ross Pierschbacher, I've learned to be cautiously pessimistic. HOWEVER, you have to think the Hawkeyes will win one of these big-time recruiting battles eventually. Now seems like as good a time as ever.

Winning this recruiting battle would be twice as nice, as we could get us a package deal with two 5* kids.

Just dreaming…. if they announce fO$U, it is not such huge deal to Buckeye fans, but if they announce Iowa, Hawkeye Nation goes ballistic. Maybe the simultaneous announcement is a good sign for us. We can hope, right? St. Jude, pray for us!

This. I'm not making the mistake of getting my hopes up. If he and Cornell choose Iowa I may need a pair of depends.

Let's say he does choose Iowa, and the other kid too. Does he come in with a huge head and turn out to be a bust???? Fat cat? Dog house? Are five stars good fits for lil Iowa?

And once again we're in the middle of having two stud football players come to Iowa....I for one will believe it when I see it happen........too many let downs in the past, or should I say...too many 2nd place finishes...hoping for the best, but wouldn't be shocked in they choose O$U...

And once again we're in the middle of having two stud football players come to Iowa....I for one will believe it when I see it happen........too many let downs in the past, or should I say...too many 2nd place finishes...hoping for the best, but wouldn't be shocked in they choose O$U...

It hurts that they met at Iowa, have both visited Iowa more than any other school, and both admit that Iowa was the first to recognize their talent, which apparently is just a recruiting tool for OSU. Let them meet and get scouted by the NFL Guru, Ferentz and then THEosu will jump in and grab them.

Just watched the video the jumper shared. The video that follows the first says that "Iowa is in the driver's seat" with 3-1 odds. Of course that is just their speculation, but it gives a bit of hope. Also, in the first video, he Hilliard talks about Iowa about twice as much as any other team. Hope hope hope….

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...rd-top-prospect-knows-where-hes-going-in-2015

That dude seems like an Iowa homer...I'd take it with a grain of salt or ten

Sometimes there are too many ego's in this world for little ole' Iowa to compete with, but, when you win Nat'l Championships and win year in and year out, or are a 5 star kid w/multiple offers from the elite teams, it's hard to say no to that....I absolutely love Iowa's approach to recruiting, player development, and getting these kids to the NFL....The good ole' Captain will never change his approach....Maybe tomorrow things turn around, and if not, then CJ Hilliard can just run over or through his little brother.....

Sometimes there are too many ego's in this world for little ole' Iowa to compete with, but, when you win Nat'l Championships and win year in and year out, or are a 5 star kid w/multiple offers from the elite teams, it's hard to say no to that....I absolutely love Iowa's approach to recruiting, player development, and getting these kids to the NFL....The good ole' Captain will never change his approach....Maybe tomorrow things turn around, and if not, then CJ Hilliard can just run over or through his little brother.....

Well there isn't much more the coaches can do in situations like this other than pay them and obviously none of us want the repercussions of that. Just a tough beat...

Let's say he does choose Iowa, and the other kid too. Does he come in with a huge head and turn out to be a bust???? Fat cat? Dog house? Are five stars good fits for lil Iowa?
Not a glass half full kinda guy are ya? I'd much rather have that to think/worry about. Getting a stud or two can start the domino effect for getting more of them hence your margin for error goes down. If you get like 7 4 star kids 2 or 3 of them are bound to be pretty good as opposed to if you get 1 or 2 of them... Hillard has said he wants to turn into a recruiter. He's gotta be better at it then Jake C was.

Glass is a quarter full on this one. Sure we will take it him If we can get him but I'm thinking he signs with tatU.

Glass is a quarter full on this one. Sure we will take it him If we can get him but I'm thinking he signs with tatU.
I would love to get them both. I would be 100% happy. But I strongly believe that they will both choose tOSU.

I'm not just being Mr. Negative here, I have a friend in Columbus who is usually right, and very confident today.

Last edited:

Latest posts